"Much Less Invasive"

(At Jamie's dorm)

Heather- (walked in the room and shut the door behind her) hey

Jamie- just a second (she said typing the last sentence and her paper) and…..done, what's up?

Heather- (walked over to her and handed her the Box) this came for you

Jamie- (took the Box, opened it, and saw packing peanuts she move them out of the way and saw a black and yellow walkie-talkie, picked it up, and saw a sticker on it that said “talk into me” she held down the talk button) hello? (she said then let go of the button)

Lance- I hate it when a guy calls a girl when she didn't give him her number so this is me not calling, over

Jamie- oh my God she (said smiling Heather)

Heather- (smiles back)

Jamie- (held down the talk button) yeah you're right this is much less invasive (she said smiling)

Lance- (is outside of the school leaning against his bike he holds down the talk button) so listen I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow, over (he said then let go of the talk button)

Jamie- I can't I have site or it tomorrow (she said holding down the talk button then she let go of it)

Lance- (smiled then held down talk button) do you ever take a break Jamie? (he asked then let go of the talk button)

Jamie- not for another two years (she said holding down the talk button then she let go of it)

Heather- (sat down on her bed)

Lance- (held down the talk button) okay how about Monday?, over (he asked then let go of the button)

Jamie- (looks at Heather as if to say “help me”)

Heather- I have a date? (she mouthed to Jamie)

Jamie- (held down the talk button) I um I have a date (she said then let go of the button)

Lance- do you know the definition of perseverance Jamie? (he asked holding down the talk button then let go of it)

Jamie- an excuse to be obnoxious (she said holding down the talk button then she let go of it)

Lance- (Chuckled to himself then held down the talk button) continuing in a course of action without regards of discouragement, opposition, or previous failure, over (he said then let go of the button)

Jamie- (held down the talk button) okay Webster how do I get rid of you? (she asked then let go of the button)

Lance- go out with me tonight (he said holding down the talk button then he let go of it)

Jamie- (looks at Heather)

Heather- come on (she mouthed to her)

Jamie- okay tonight would be good (she said holding down the talk button and let go of it)

Lance- (held down the talk button) you forgot to say over, over (he said then let go of the button)

Jamie- (held down the talk button) this conversation is over as soon as you tell me when she (said then let go of the button)

Lance- held down the talk button tonight at 7 I'll meet you outside of your school, over and out (he said then let go of the talk button, put the walkie-talkie in his jacket pocket, got on his bike, put on his helmet, then drove away)

Jamie- (put the walkie-talkie down then looked at Heather)

Heather- (is smiling at her)

Jamie- what?

Heather- nothing (she said then looked at her phone) oh crap I'm late for my next class (she said then left the room)