Capitol.

Effie scooted Porter and me into two seprate rooms. There was a voice out into the hallway, most likely the rebels that helped out President Rose, she was Plurtches daughter. My mother, father, and baby brother entered the room. I was numb, totally numb, I could only wish I had never been drawn. I couldn't talk all I did was listen to my mother and father. "Jade don't trust anybody, not even Porter. Don't go for the stuff near the center of the cornacopia. Outside is better, don't step off your plate early or you'll fly sky high," My mother paused then contunied. "Jade, I love you. We all love you. Make it back, kill the least amount of people and try to hide." My mother grabbed my hands and placced something gold inside them. The MockingJay pin. "No mom I cant this is yours."

"Jade take it and just never forget where you come from." After that we all just hugged, there was no words that could compare to what I felt when they hugged me. The rebel walked in and threw my parents out of the room. I sat on the red velvet couch. Empty. I knew I was going to die. I remember watching  my mothers first Hunger Games. I remember Rue, and how she would spit chewed up leaves on my mothers cuts. I remember foxface and how she was killed by eating those poisnus berries. Nightlock. Instant kill, one minute if your lucky. I bit down on my lip until I could taste blood. I crossed my fingers and looked out the window, I glanced at the tall trees hanging over the soft green meadow. My thoughts shot to the song she sang to Rue before she died.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow, A bed of grass, a soft green pillow, Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes, Abd when they open the sun will rise, Here its safe and warm, Here daises guard you from every harm, Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true, Here is the place where I love you.

              I remember watching the pain in my mothers eyes when she sang the lyrics to her ally. The song always had a certian place in her heart after that moment. Effie walked into the room and grabbed my hand. "Come come Jade time to board the train." I couldn't hear a word she was saying all I could do was think about Rue, she was only 12 how could anyone have killed her? How could anyone have been so heart-less? Is that how it would be with me? Effie grabbed my hand and pulled me into the gold and silver plated living room. I felt sick, is this what I'm going to remember about my ride to my death? I glanced down at my pin. Effie caught my gaze and followed my eyes. "Oh, my I remember that little pin, your mothers." I nodded, Effie pinned it to my shirt. "Now your just as beautiful as she was." I smiled a faint smile. I heard a door slid open. Porter walked in. His black hair resembled Uncle Gales so much. His bright blue eyes reminded me of the pond I found my mother in. Porter was sun-kissed and built. He was only 16, yet he had the eyes of a 40 year old. So much wisdom, yet so much more to learn.  I looked back to  Effie she was looking in a soild gold mirrior and fixing her powder blue hair. She smiled and placed her mirrior in her hand-bag and began. "Oh, Katniss, I mean Jade I'm so sorry darling." I glanced at her. "Its fine."

"Anyways Jade and Porter did you know that the train is going excatly 150 miles per hour? It will take us only 3 days to reach the capitol." The capitol was excatly the same now as it was beforee, people getting surgery and tatttos and lifts and tucks and most of all there was the the gamemakers that never got changed after Snows death. I tunned out Porter and Effie and glanced out the window, there was fleck of green, and splashes of yellow. I closed my eyes and whispered, "Goodbye district 12."