Chapter 13: True Colors

*recap on the previous chapter*( since I know it has been a long time and no one remembers what happened)
"... Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams.
It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish.
If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace ?"
Everyone was silent. Come on. Anyone please stand up. I thought to myself and that's exactly what Lucy and James did.
*Nina's POV*

I kind of zoned out as the priest stared the ceremony.
"...Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams.
It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish.
If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace ?"
Suddenly everyone started whispering around I look to see what's happening and that's when I saw Lucy and James standing next to me. Relief. That's all I felt but I was so confused. Lucy and James were amazing people and Lucy were Nikki's best friend. Why would she want to stop the wedding ?

Everyone stoped talking as Lucy began
"I didn't want it to be this way Nikki, but i have to do it.I tried to talk to you before so we would not have to do it in front of everyone, but you were busy everytime i asked to talk to you..."

"what the hell are you doing? I'm your best friend. why would you want to stop my wedding?" Nikki said angryly.

"You know Nikki thats what i thought,too. Until I overheard you talking to someone on the phone telling them your plan. I can't believe you would do something like that. I can't believe you would marry someone and lie to them just for money. I can't believe you would use me just for your plan." Lucy said crying. I was confused as hell. What the hell is happening? Can someone please explain? I thought to my self.

"Wait what plan? And what did she lie about Lucy ?" Ian said confused as I was.

"Would you like to tell him Nikki ? Or should do the honors?" Lucy said with pure hate.

Nikki looked so scared, terrified. There was a moment of Silence for a minute or two, but then Lucy continued with tears in her eyes.
"I guess I will tell him. I didn't believe you would do such thing in the beginning, but I guess you started to show your true colors now." She paused and looked at James for a moment. James nodded his head as if  to tell her it's okay to continue. She smiled, held his hand in one and kept her other hand on there stomach.

Everyone in the room were holding their breath. Nikki looked so scared while Ian was just curious.

"About a week ago, when we were out shopping ... " Lucy started but was cut off my Nikki
"Lucy don't do this, please." Nikki begged
"I have to. I'm sorry. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I don't... so as I was saying, I overheard Nikki talking on the phone with someone telling them her plan, which was to marry Ian just to take advantage of him. She said she didn't love him. She only wanted him for fame and money. When they first announced their engagement I was a bit confused. I knew Ian loved Nina. Why would he want to marry Nikki? But then I found out that you all think that Nikki is pregnant while she is not. She used my ultrasound to convince Ian that she was pregnant."

Whispers filled the room, Ian looked shocked but somehow relieved. I have no idea why.
"Is that true? Your not pregnant?" Ian asked Nikki sounding kind of betrayed. Nikki started crying. "I think I got my answer." Ian was angry now. "The wedding is off." He announced and left angrily. Lucy looked at me and said
"What are you waiting for? Go talk to him. I sure he needs to talk to someone he trusts right now"

I stood up and went after Ian. I still can't believe that Nikki did that.
I ran outside and I saw him sitting where we were sitting before the ceremony started.
"Are you okay ?" I asked approaching him. I looked at me for a second and looked back
"Yup. Surprisingly I feel relieved. I never wanted to marry her in the first place. To think about it I'm actually happy that Lucy and James stood up there, or I would be stuck with her for the rest of my life." He said with a chuckle. I sat next to him not knowing what to say next. "But you know what I'm really happy about right now ?" He asked smiling looking at me.
"What ?" I smiled back
"I get to do this without feeling like I'm cheating on someone."
"Do wha..." I was cut off my his lips on mine. I was shocked for a few moments but when I realized what was happening I kissed him back. God I missed this feeling. Fireworks erupted in my head. It felt like we were the only ones in this planet. I loved this feeling. We broke the kiss when we decided that we needed some air, but we kept our foreheads together.
"Wow" we said in union as we laughed. I suddenly wanted to hug him so I did.
"I missed this so much" I said "I don't want this moment to end"
He rubbed my back and said "I missed this, too, and I don't want this moment to end either. I love you Nina."
"I love you too, Ian"
I don't know what I would do without him.

After a few moments we finally let go of each other.
"I honestly feel like I'm the luckiest person alive to have you here with me." he said staring at me "but a little sad about the fact that I'm not going to be a father anytime soon. I've always wanted to start a family." He said looking down.

At the second I had an idea. I took his hand in mine and placed it on my small  pregnant bump.
"Well... I hope that you and I and this baby can be this family that you've always wanted." I said kind of scared of his reaction, but that feeling went away when you looked at me with love smiling.
"Y...You...You're preg...pregnant with my baby?" He asked with happy tears in his eyes. As soon as I nodded I felt his lips on mine.

"Well well well" we heard a voice say that made us break the kiss.
"So when is your wedding?" Paul asked walking towards us with phoebe next to him. We all laughed.
"Congratulations" phoebe said and hugged me.
"Thank you" I hugged her back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shocked that I'm back ? Well I am. I hope you like it.
Thank you guys for being so patient with me. I know most of you hate by now, and I can't express how sorry I am for not updating sooner. Thank you for reading my book. Thank you, also, for voting and commenting.
Thank you SheaDaumke , pllhalebtyshley , Forever_Us06 , Tiala_Jane , and last but not least lyndi_hall_03 for your support and comments.
Please feel free to comment and vote .

Any suggestions on what to do next cause I have no idea ?

Love,
Criminal Ray