Chapter 3: The Right Moment

We had left our house and went to town...
      "Amelia, me and your father will go buy some clothes in that store. Can you please go to the market over there and find some things for us?"
      "Okay mother.", I answered.
      "What are the things that you need?"
      "I need you to find, 5 Smelly Sprouts, a bouquet of Eternal Flowers, a bottle of Squid Ink, 10 Fragrant Mushrooms, and a bucket of tangy tentafern. Can you remember all of those things?"
      "Yes, I will find all these things for you. I will be back mother mother."
      I went to the market. The list that mother gave me was very long but I almost completed the list that mother gave me, but I can not seem to find the last item.
      "Excuse me, do you know where I can find a tangy tentafern?"
      "I'm sorry young lady, but what is tangy tentafern?"
      "Umm... I actually do not know. I am just trying to find the things that mother asked me to find."
      "Oh, okay then. Maybe you should asked the other townsfolk if they know where to find this tangy tentafern."
      "Yes, thank you."
      I went around the market and asking the townsfolk if they know where to find some tangy tentafern but no one seems to know what that is.
      Mother would be disappointed if I have not found the things she asked me to buy, but I have asked the townsfolk in the market if they know where to find it but they keep asking me what is tangy tentafern.
      "Amelia?"
      "Mother!"
      "Do you have the things I asked you to buy?", mother asked.
      "No", I said.
      "Can I see the things that you bought?"
      "Here you go mother."
      She looked at all the things that I bought and I saw a look that I did not expect...
      "Looks like you brought me everything I told you to bring, thank you Amelia.", mother said delightfully.
      "But mother, I failed you.", I said to mother.
      "What do you mean Amelia? You have completed the list I gave you, right?"
      "But what about the tangy tentafern?", I said.
      "What? Amelia, are you feeling alright? I never said that you should bring me tangy tentafern. What is tangy tentafern exactly?", mother asked.
      "I do not know mother, maybe I was just hearing things."
      "I'm sure you were. Now, let's go to the clothing store to fetch your father so we can go home and start cooking dinner."
      "Okay mother."
      I could not stop thinking about the tangy tentafern. Did I just hear mother say it or did she say it and forgot about it?
      Mother told me to rest when we got home while she and father cooks dinner, but how could I rest? I was always thinking about that tentafern stuff. It was like someone controlled the mind of my mother to say that we needed tangy tentafern. It was like someone wanted me to find that stuff, but could not say it to me directly, so they controlled my mother.

      "Amelia, it is time for dinner."
      "Okay mother, I will be right down."
      I was about to go down when I remembered something important.
      "Oh! I forgot to ask mother about what Angelique said! I must not fail this time. When I don't ask it now, then when will I find out about this?"
      "Amelia? Are you going to come down?"
      "Be right down mother!"
      "Come sit down here Amelia."
      I was very quiet at dinner. I guess mother and father haven't noticed yet, but they will notice, soon enough...
      "Are you feeling alright Amelia?  You've barely touched your dinner."
      "Yes, I am fine mother, but my head really hurts right now, is it okay if I go to my room now?"
      "Yes dear, go to your room and get plenty of rest, goodnight Amelia."
      "Goodnight father, mother."
      I went straight to my room and lied down on my bed. The truth is, I was fine, but I had to make them think that I was sick so I can convince them to tell me what Angelique told them. I just have to wait for them to come check on me.
      I waited, and waited, and waited, until I realized that I had already slept.
      The next morning...
      "Hmhmm... what? Oh no, I slept through the right moment! It was the perfect time to learn what they know, and I blew it."
      I stared at the ceiling, wondering if they did check on me, or they did'nt because they saw right through me. I just want to know what Angelique told them, is that too much to ask? Is this secret so important that they would never let anyone know about it? Especially me? I have the right to know! Considering the secret is probably about me. And mother and father always told me that families never keep secrets from each other, and know they are doing this.
      I don't know if I will ever be given another chance to try to know what the secret is, but I just have ro be patient. Patience is the key to everything. I just have to wait for the right moment.