1

"Perla! My office, now!" Raven said. Perla got up from her desk and went to her boss' office.
"What's up?" She said.
"Perla, what did I ask for last Friday?" Raven asked.
"The quarterly budget reports."
"And why don't I have them?"
"Well, I was gonna get them to you, but Fancy Baby Panda wanted to go outside and that took the rest of the day."
Raven sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Fine. Just get those done." He said. Perla nodded and exited the office. She walked back to her desk to see Fancy Baby Panda. She sat in her chair and began petting him. Raven stepped out of his office.
"Alright everyone, here's what's happening. Today Jason, my boss, is coming in to speak with me. We are going to be discussing our progress over the past year. We are Jason's favorite branch, so please try to be on your best behavior." He finished and then glared at Perla. "That means you especially, Perla. I don't want a repeat of last time." Perla took a look of surprise.
"What? I am offended! What could little ol' me ever do?" Perla said, then remembered when she locked Raven and Jason in the supply closet together and told them that they had seven minutes to be in heaven. For the third time that month. Raven sighed and went back into his office. A few minutes later Steev, his secretary, walked in.
"Sir? Your boss is here to see you." Steev said.
"Let him in." Raven said. Steev nodded and exited the office. Jason walked in and sat in the chair in front of Raven's desk.
"It's a pleasure to see you again, Sir." Raven said.
"I've told you, call me Jason. And the pleasures all mine. Now, how's my favorite manager doing?" Jason asked.
"I've been well, Si-Jason. We've been having a wonderful year so far, we've stayed well under budget, and we've had zero accidents in the-"
"That's not what I meant." Jason interrupted.
"I wanna know how you're doing." He said, standing leaning over the desk to the point that their noses nearly touched. Raven's cheeks pinked a bit. "Uh-um...Well, I've actually been meaning to ask you if I could have a raise, Jason Sir." Raven said. Jason thought for a bit before opening his mouth to speak.
"Sure. But I want something in return." Jason said.
"Something? What kind of something?" Raven asked innocently. Jason smirked.
"You." Jason grabbed Raven's chin and kissed him gently, Raven's eyes wide in shock. Jason pulled away and stood up straight, letting go of Raven.
"Let me know what you think of that deal. And keep up the good work." He walked out of the office, leaving Raven in a state of shock, surprise, and embarrassment.
"At least that explains last year's company picnic."