Chapter Four

"God damn it!" The cop shouted at me while getting up from his seat. I flinched as he threw his hand onto the table, looking fiercely into my eyes. "I really don't!" I screamed. I was telling the truth. Who is Tate? Am I supposed to know him? The cop quickly apologized as my eyes began to fill with tears. He sat down once again with a huff. "I will show you him them. Maybe that will spark your memory." I nodded my head and followed him to the door. We walked down a long hallway filled with jail cells. It was terrifying. Men and women of all ages, or should I say animals, were throwing their hands around and sticking them through the bars trying to grab me, the cop shoved their hands away and made an angry face at them. I walked faster. We finally got to the end of the hall. I looked up and saw a big metal door with a little opening slide at the top of it.

The cop took his keys and unlocked the door. He looked at me with a reassuring glance, which wasn't really reassuring at all. "You ready?" he asked. I nodded. Was I ready?

He opened the door and walked in, I followed shortly after a little hesitant. In the corner sat a boy with dirty blonde hair, wearing an orange jumpsuit. He turned around quickly without much expression. He face quickly turned into a smile as he jumped up running over to me. I flinched as the cop pushed him quickly to the ground. "Rachel! Rachel!" He yelled out with joy, not even affected by the cops actions. I examined his face.

Who is he and why is he acting so shocked to see me? "You can let him up" I tell the cop. He looked nice, I'm really sure really but I feel like I could trust him. Maybe I'm just crazy? The boy stands up, rubbing the dust off his legs. He comes really close to me. The cop pulls him back a little. "It's okay" I explain. The cop sighs and lets go of him. "You better watch yourself" the cop whispers into his ear, gritting his teeth. The boy chuckles softly to himself, as do I a little after. It doesn't seem like he has any intentions of hurting me. He steps up to me again. I am quickly grasped into a hug. He holds me tightly as I stand there wide-eyed, looking at the cop. I didn't know how to respond. His body was warm as he hugged me, he snugged his head onto my shoulder, his curly blonde locks close to my face. Suddenly I did something I didn't understand.

I hugged him back. Me. Hugging a fugitive, who somehow knows me, right in front of a cop.

He squeezed me harder when I put my head onto his shoulder as well. "Alright, alright. That's enough" The cop says after about ten seconds of hugging. I pulled away hesitantly. I looked into his eyes.

Oh my god.

I remember. I remember it all. Tate. He killed. Took me with him. Didn't kill me. Cops. Forest. Fear. Darkness. I guess I made it obvious that something had just snapped in my mind. "Are you okay?" The cops exclaims as he runs up to me. "Did he do something?!" He says angrily pushing Tate away from me forcefully. I didn't stop him this time. I stood there, hands trembling. "How could you?!" I scream, using as much voice as I could possibly find. Tate looks up with sad eyes. "You.. remember..?" he says softly. "Why would you..?" I say softly, backing away. I looked at him with disgust. Tears began to fill his eyes, as mine did too. I run out of the room, ignoring the rude remarks and hands of the other fugitives in their cells.

I run right into the waiting room and hug my mom tightly, sobbing. She is taken back for a second, but quickly hugs me back tightly. "Shh.. shh...It's okay baby" she says quietly into my ear. She looks up at the cop in the door frame, still hugging me. "What the hell happened?" She yells furiously. I quizer at the anger in her voice, as she quickly apologizes.

She loosens her grip and stands up, asking if I was okay for her to leave. I hesitantly nod my head. I didn't want her to leave though. She walks over to the cop and he takes her beyond the door. I hear yelling from my mom. After three minutes of awkward silence, only being broken by my sniffs and yelling, my mom walks back to me with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry that I brought you here baby.." she says, tightly hugging me. I begin to cry again. We walk to the front door, still hugging. As I sit in the car my mind goes blank.

Why did this happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I'm back! So a lot has happened in my life since the last time I uploaded (sorry about it being so long). One of the best things that happened was going to a Twenty One Pilots concert, which I'm still not emotionally stable from. I'm thinking about writing a book dedicated to them, but only if you guys want. Feedback would be very much appreciated so I can improve anything you guys don't like in the story. I love you all so much <3 stay alive |-/