Chapter Twelve

~ A Month Later ~

~ Kendall's P.O.V. ~ 

Today's Emily and I's two year anniversary, I have to leave for filming soon but I have three hours spare. I sat down at our kitchen table and made a bunch of notes to make a trail followed by rose petals. I scattered them from our bedroom to the back door. I shook Emily to life and ran off as she was groaning to life.

~ Emily's P.O.V. ~

"What the fuck was that for, Kendall?" I yell, sitting up in the bed, flicking the light to life. I look around, rubbing my eyes. Hm no one's in here. I get up and walk to the door, looking down I see notes saying, 'I Love You', and 'You're beautiful'. I follow the trail where it ends at the back door, I look up, hesistant to open the door, but I do anyways and when I do I see Kendall sitting on a picnic blanket with his guitar. The notes were beautiful and in perfect harmony with his voice. 

"On the days I can't see your eyes, I don't even want to open mine, on the days I can't see your smile, I'd rather sit and wait the while, for the days I know you'll be near, 'cause a day without you, it just isn't fair. See the days I can hear you voice, I'm left without a choice. 'Cause I get weak in the knees, fall head over heels baby, and every other cheesy cliche'. Yes I'm swept off my feet, oh my heart skips a beat. But there's really only one thing to say. Goddamn you're beautiful to me, you're everything, yeah that's beautiful. Yes to me, Ohhh." Kendall sings, making tears form in my eyes, I run into his arms, tackling him to his back, showering his face with kisses. "Baby, that was beautiful, thank you so much. I love you, That was the sweetest thing that anyone's ever done for me. Thank you." I sob. "Haha, hey now stop your crying, I wasn't done! Happy anniversary to you too, babe. Love you. Now go back to bed, I have to go film with the guys then when I get home, we're gonna do something special. I've something nice planned out for you." Kendall kisses me and I obey his rules, "okay, okay! Night or uh morning to you." kissing him one last time. 

~ Later That Afternoon ~

Wow, it's super late, can't believe I slept that long. I get up and shower. What should I do for the remainder of the time that Kendall's gone? Oh, maybe I'll go buy something to wear for tonight. I grab my keys and drive away.

~ At Victoria's Secret ~

"Buying something to wear for that special moment, I see?" the clerk asks me while I check out. "Uh, something like that, today is my boyfriend and I's two year anniversary. Kinda love him a lot." I chuckle in response, walking off before she could reply. "Have a nice day." she calls out after me. "You too." 

I pull into the an open parking spot, and unlock the apartment door, where I'm approached with a man dressed in all black, laying on the couch. "Well, well, well Emily. What're you doing here?" the voice asks. "I live here, now if you don't mind telling me who you are and why are you in my house?" My whole body fills with fear and I begin shaking as the figure walks towards me. "You don't talk to me in that tone, you little slut." it slaps my mouth and I writher to the ground in pain. "Kendall if that's you please stop just please." I cry out. "Oh haha, Kendall isn't here to protect you now, whore." the figure aimlessly begins kicking at me, shouting curse names from every possible direction. The tall, slim form begins to take their ask off but too late. "Kendall, help me." I yelp, gasping for air. "He ain't gonna help you, scum." they scream, crushing my head into the floor."You know you can't hide forever." those were the last words I hear before I lose all consciousness.