Remember

Your POV

"Baby we're almost there. Just hang on a little bit longer" I said trying to relax my nine-month pregnant wife. I love her to death but I was always afraid to feel her wrath. As we pulled up to the ER parking lot I help my wife out of the car and into the hospital doors. But as soon as we enter the door she collapses. "NURSE! NURSE! SOMEONE GET ME A NURSE" I yelled while looking at my unconscious wife. "Sir! Sir! we need you to calm down," the nurse said to me. "HOW CAN I FUCKING CALM DOWN WHEN MY PREGNANT WIFE IS STILL ON THE FLOOR!" screaming at the nurse. All of a sudden a crew of nurses and doctors got down to attend to my wife.

They picked her up and put her on the gurney. "MOVE! GET OUT THE WAY!" the doctor yelled while still pushing her down the hall. I was holding her limp hand while running down the hallway with them. " Dr. Sun her BP is getting lower sir" one of the nurses said. "Get OR 7 prepared as soon as possible we can't lose her or the baby" the doctor said.

As soon as I heard my heart was falling. I shut my eyes and prayed to myself in whispered sobs, "Please! Please let her live." Running alongside her frail body, a nurse advised me to stop for the operating room. "Sir, kindly go to the waiting room. I'll update you as quickly as possible on your spouse," I let go of her limp side and gave her a little kiss on her lips before she walked in.

Sitting in the waiting room, I prayed to myself hoping she'd be okay. I attempted to resist closing my eyes, but I dropped into the darkness to no avail.

"Sir, please wake up, We have news on your wife," a doctor said to me. I soon got up from the love seat standing to face the doctor.

"Yes, is my wife okay?" I said hoping for the best

The doctor gave me an expression I could never forget. A face full of sadness and grief.

"Sir, your wife's blood pressure was so low we could only save your child," the doctor said with sadness all over his face.

I suddenly knelt down on the ground with my hands on my face crying uncontrollably. "WHY! PLEASE, Jessica, come back to me PLEASE!" I whispered loudly to myself.

"Sir please come with me," the doctor said

The doctor soon helped me up and led me to the room of my newborn child. I opened the door and a flash of light blinded my face.

"Mr. L/n is that all you remember?" I've been going to therapy for an accident that happened to me five years ago, but I remember it as if it was yesterday.

" I don't think I can do this doc, I just feel out of it today.  Can I come back on a later date?" I don't ever want to attend these therapy sessions because it just brings the hurt back out again, but my mother insists I attend.

"You may, Mr. L/n. However, repressing your emotions and not allowing yourself to move on will only make it worse the voices in your head will only continue to get worse. It is a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of bomb until it goes off. For now, I'm going to prescribe you with some anti-depressants this will help ease the voices..for now. Our goal here Mr. L/n is to get you off those medications and it all starts with positive reinforcement. Probably the most important step is starting to accept the help I am giving" Doctor Jung just replied with a placid look on his face.

"I understand doctor. Thank you for all your help" I stood up and shake her hand and left the room that was suffocating me. 

Please don't make me remember

-—————————--------

The first chapter to my first book. I hope you guys enjoy!

Stay Fresh

- ABH