end.

"i can't believe that creep did that to you, e m m a. thank goodness he's dead." her friend, e l e a n o r, told her a few days later, back at her school. the friend's voice was full of hate and spite.

e m m a rolled her eyes. "you don't know anything. i'm sure that all of this looks awful to you, but you weren't there. i know so much more about it all now. why he was how he was. so don't judge him."

she walked off, leaving her friend standing in shock at the outburst.

she had come to... an understanding of t h e o. she accepted what he had done. of course, she knew that was wrong, since he almost shot her. 

somehow, though, she knew.

knew that he had never planned to kill her. he just refused to go to prison. the poor boy didn't want to be even more lonely than he already was.

in a way, he had committed suicide, and that made e m m a

really

sad.

she also came to realize that she didn't love him, but she did care about his health and life for the short amount of time she had known him.

the sad girl sat down in her car, wearing the same dress he had first met her in. the police had told her they had a knew piece of evidence, and they really wanted her to see it. in a way, it belonged to her.

pulling in to the station, b a  r b a r a met her outside and guided her into a small office to show the evidence.

it was a simple piece of white lined paper, college ruled, torn in half. but what was written on the slip broke her heart.

to the girl i fall in love with,

i am

so very

sorry.

            -theo

and so the girl sat down, hands pressed to her face, knowing that the creep was not only lost and damaged, but also honest and beautiful.