Forty-Three

We were walking hand and hand with each other. Through hell. Literally. The path was lit up with each step we took. It let us see a few feet in front of us but that was it. The rest was total darkness. 

Then all of a sudden, we saw a crossroad. There was no straight path, there was only left or right. 

"Which one?" 

"Any is fine." 

"Then which do you choose?" 

I looked at both roads. I couldn't see what was ahead, however the road on the right was covered in thorns and bushes, while the left was cleared off. 

"The left?"

"You're saying it with uncertainty." 

"Well, if I make the wrong choice the both of us can die." 

"I'm protecting you either way, so it doesn't matter" 

"Fine then."

We walked down the cleared but dark road. Everything was going fine at first until we saw another box in the way. 

"What's this?" Ayato said, kneeling down, "The box is locked" 

"What? But the other box was open earlier" I pouted. 

"Give me something sharp"

"Like what?"

"Strip." He said in the most calm tone ever.

"What the f- No!"

"At least give me your bra."

"Why though?"

"There's an underwire in it"

"Why would you need the underwire?"

"To pick the goddamn lock" 

"Oh." 

I swiftly took off the bra and handed him it. It was weird, but he was able to ruin my bra in order to get to the underwire. 

"You're buying me a new one" I huffed. 

"Anything for you (Y/N)"

He started to pick the lock and the box opened with ease, he grabbed the letter again, this time it was labeled:

Lie

He opened up the letter and the words this time written this time were: 

"Take me out of his hell. I can't free myself from this pain. Save the me who's being punished"

Sounds a little like our situation. Inside again was another sliver of metal, it was slightly curved like the other one. 

Once again the box shut itself and yanked away. 

"This is creepy" I sighed. 

We continued to walk on the path we chose.