Chapter 5: Night of The Dance

I was so excited! Tonight was the night of the dance, and I have two great dates. I put on my dress, which I have probably wore about the 17th time this week. I just loved it! I waved my hair for the dance, while my hair is usually striaght. It's usually tied in a ponytail, but I let it out tonight. I had to admit, I looked sexy! I slipped on a pair of 4-inch high heels (I don't really do the whole 8-inch heel thing- that seems kind of hoe-ish to me). I sat in the living room, waiting for 6:00 to come.

          Jacob came to pick me up exactly on time. "Wow, Brooklyn! You look so pretty!" I blushed. I don't know why, but I've been acting really strange around Jacob ever since I met Raquan. "You don't look pretty bad yourself!" I replied in my best british accent. He laughed, flashing his totally handsome smile at me. He looked so nice! He had on a suit and everthing! I got a fluttery feeling in my stomach as soon as that happened. I had to say it, in that getup, he looked totally se-

Brooklyn, don't. Just don't. Jacob is your best friend. There is no way that--

"Hello?" I didn't even hear what he said while I was caught up in my thoughts.

  "Oh, wait, what?" I was so lost.

  "I said, don't you think we should go now?"

"Oh, okay. Leggo!" He held out his hand, and I took it. He led me to his bright red 2012 Sienna. That was a nice car! I opened the passenger door and got inside. It had such a nice smell. Then it hit me. 

"Jacob, is this a new car?! OMG, OMG, OMG! I love it!"

He chuckled. "Thank you. I saved up a long time for it. I can see you like it." He smiled. Bro, I swear, if he keeps smiling at me, I'm gonna melt. Wait, forget I said that. 

          "This dance is gonna scare me. Ever since I came back, people are scared to even look at me! It's just crazy!" It was true. People have been avoiding me, everyone except Jacob and Raquan. But, if Raquan notices that I'm being avoided, he''l start to suspect something. Then he'll find out that I really am Brooklyn Lyons!

"Well, then, maybe you have to make sure he doesn't find out." replied Jacob. Woah, did I say all of that out loud? "Yep." he replied. Oh my God. How am I not realizing this?

We finally got to school. The dance was in the gym, like any other dance. It was a Red Carpet Theme, so everyone had to dress like they were on the red carpet. We both walked into the school.

        He looked at me. "What?" I asked. "Are you sure you wanted to come to the dance with me? I mean, you know you couldv'e asked Raquan." The thing is, I did ask Raquan, lol! He'll already be in there by now, so sometimes I'll dance with him, and sometimes with Jacob. No biggie.

      "Well, I just decided to come with you." That left a huge adorable smile on his face. I just love when he smiles at me!

    Since Jacob was at the snack table, I searched the whole gym, looking for Raquan.  I felt a tap on my shoulder, which kind of startled me. I was about to use my self defense, until I realized that it was Raquan.  "Kiara, you're here!" I looked behind my shoulder to see who the heck he was talking to, but then I remembered, Oh yeah, how stupid! I'm KIara!  We were just sitting in seats, drinking punch, when I asked him if I could be excused. I went to look for Jacob. When I found him, he was just cracking corny jokes, which, as always, made me laugh. When I got back to Raquan, 'Wet The Bed' by Chris Brown came on. "WAnna dance?" asked Raquan, holding out his hand. "Hell, yeah!" I said. Yay, our first slow dance with each other!  As we were dancing, I remembered Jacob. I couldn't just go and dance with him, I was already in Raquan's grip! As if the DJ heard my dilemma, "Turn Up The Music" came out of the speakers. I was so confused, and then I got an idea. 

    I began to bump and grind on him. He was moaning, but I hoped he would get completely turned on before Jacob found me. About 1/2 through the song, Raquan dashed to the bathroom. Then I found Jacob. "Sorry, I couldn't find you!" he said, like it was his fault. "Shut up & dance!" I said playfully. I began to do the same thing I was doing to Raquan to Jacob. He's my friend! He would never take it seriously! He was groaning, which sounded too cute. I just never heard him do that before. He sounded so pleased. Yeah, I've had practice at this sort of thing.

                                                     * * * * * * * * * *

"And you were enjoying that dancing I was doing on you, weren't you?" I said with a mocking smile. "Shut up, dude, I swear." We both laughed. We were both sitting in his car, driving back to my house. "The food there was disgusting, bro. I'm not even playin'," he explained. "What would you expect?" I said in between laughs.

"Well, we don't have to go to your house now, do we?" he asked.

"Why?" I was confused.

"Well, I was thinking we could go get some ice cream before we head to your house." He had begging eyes. 

"Of course we can! Let's go!" We drove over to our favorite ice cream place, Coolers (Fake Name). We got plenty of stares, considering we were so dressed up. But we didn't mind the stares. We ordered our ice cream and sat at a table. Since my curfew was 10:00, and it was only 8:43, we didn't have to worry about rushing home.

"You know, Jacob, this night was the first time I ever heard you mooooan." I said with a smirk on my face. I stretched the word "moan" in a sexy kind of way, just to turn 'em on a little. Teehee.

    His eyes grew wide, and then he playfully shoved my shoulder. "Shut the fuck up, Brooklyn! If a girl's gonna do that good a job at grinding, you're gonna get some mooooans from me!" He wiggled his eyebrows in a pervy kind of way. He mocked the way I said "moan", which sounded even sexier when he said it. Not admitting anything, but just saying.

       I tried to cross my legs, but the table was a little too low, so I ended up hitting my knee on the edge of the table. "Shit!" I said, a little too loudly that others were looking at us. "Aw, are you okay?" he asked. He put his hand on the top of my thigh, which was kind of up my dress, and began to slowly rub down to where I hit my knee. That felt so good. His warm hand running slowly down the middle of my leg sent a shiver through my body. I just felt so good when I was  around Jacob. I can't believe I'm saying this, but sometimes I feel better around him than around Raquan.

Brooklyn, what th fuck are you sayin'? Raquan is your boyfriend! is what my head seemed to be screaming.

"Thanks," I said while his hand was still resting on my mid-thigh. He quickly removed his hand, blushing.

                                                    * * * * * * * * * *

   My mom said Jacob could spend the night, so Jacob was taking a shower in the bathroom down the hall right now. I changed out of my dress, looking for my PJs. Jacob came in so quitely I didn't even notice. "Uhh, Brooke?" he whispered. I turned around, only about 2 inches between us. Then I realized-- I was only in a bra and panties. Half-dressed! I didn't know what to do. He was just standing there, staring at my boobs. Kinda cheesy. "Why don't you get changed, and I'll come back in like, 5 minutes. Ok?" he slowly backed out of my room, still staring at me. He had on his extremely hard-to-understand poker face (Whe you can't tell a person's expression on their face). Well, Ak-ward.