Chapter 3: Hunger Games

Katniss Everdeen's POV:

Peeta slashes through the vines of the humid rain forest so to see his way. I look up and see something, but not in time. It's like the force field that Wiress and Beetee pointed out to me in the Training Center.

Peeta is not flung back by the firce field like I thought, but instead pulled in. I watch in horror but soon no one stands where Peeta once was.

"Peeta!" I scream and run towards the force field. I am sucked in as well.

Gale Hawthorne's POV:

Today is my only day off from the Mines that I have all week and I have to spend it watching my "cousin" get beat up in the Arena.

I look down at the floor for not five seconds and when I look back, Katniss and Bakery Boy are gone. Those Finnick and Mags characters look pretty shaken up, and the Finnick guy is yelling, "Katniss!"

If Finnick didn't know where she was, then where could she possibly be?

"Gale, would you go get some more firewood?" my mom asks from the kitchen, clearly she hadn't seen what was going on in the Arena.

Reluctantly, I get up from my spot and go do what my mother had asked despite my worry for Katniss. When I get outside, I walk to the Hob, but dont make it more than a few steps. I get punched in the gut by nothing, and am carried away by the same thing, nothing.