Chapter 8

I stood over the table, putting together a new accessory for the jumper when the door opened behind me. Looking up, I saw Marcus stroll in, a large metal pipe in his hands. "I got your... whatever this is." He called out, setting it on the ground. "Oh, hey." He said when he saw me at the table. "Where's Wrench?"

I looked around. "Uhhh, I thought he was smashing another toaster."

Just then Wrench came strolling in from the office that he used as an extra bedroom. "Marcus, you brought me the cylinder!" He rushed over to it and set it on it's head.

"Yeah, man, it weighs a ton," Marcus complained. "What the hell is it?"

Wrench's mask turned into X's (X X) "It's what's inside. Toss me the blow torch." He called out and I grabbed it off the table, walking it over to him. "Thank you." He said, then turned it on, lit it and sliced it open. A bundle of cables and chips spilt onto the floor. "YES!" He yelled, dropping the blowtorch and falling to his knees. "FINALLY!"

I knitted my brows and looked to Marcus for an answer. He shrugged and we watched the spike-clad man practically roll around in the mess of hardware. "Hey," I spoke up. "What is all that?"

"It's the rest of the pieces I need to make Wrench the Third!" He cried. "Junior will be avenged!"

"What?" I asked, again looking to Marcus. "Who-"

Marcus chuckled, eyeing a spot on my neck. "Junior was a Haum robot. We had to use him in the Tidus hack."

"It was murder!" Wrench called out, seeming to calm down.

"Well good luck with that." Marcus said, patting my shoulder, then leaning in to whisper. "Wear your hair down, it covers your neck." He chuckled again, then left.

Wrench pulled the pile of cords over to the table and placed them down, excited. "Want to help me?" He asked, his expression questioning (? ?)

"Sure." I said, pulling my hair out, finally realizing what Marcus was hinting at.

We worked on the robot all day and all night, only stopping to use the bathroom. As the sun rose the next morning, the door opened. "He's the most hated man in the country right now!" Someone hollered. I winced at the noise and turned, seeing Marcus stroll in. "Sitara released the video last night, and the internet hasn't stopped talking about it."

"Good." I said, rubbing my eyes and squinting. "Wrench, close the garage door please! I can't see!" I turned and saw him passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Marcus who was offering me his sunglasses. "Thanks." I said, putting them on.

"When was the last time you slept?" He asked.

"Night before last." I answered. "I was about to catch some sleep, but-" I turned to Wrench who was snoring away, then shrugged. "Then you came. I'll sleep soon." I walked over to the table. "Wrench the Third is almost done."

"Nice." He said. "But I have another reason for stopping by."

"Oh?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"I need your help." He said. "We are doing another check up on Tidus. I am posing as an interested investor, however they invited my wife as well."

"Oh." I said, deflated. "Why not Sitara?"

"She doesn't really, well fit in with that crowd anymore." He frowned. "She wasn't really interested in going."

"Oh," I said. "But my face is plastered everywhere now." I pointed out.

"We can spoof your cTos profile, but you probably should dye your hair and do your makeup differently." Marucs said.

I nodded. "When is the appointment?"

"Tonight." He said. "I'll pick you up."

I sighed. "Alright, I'll be ready."

He smiled, nodded, then left. I sighed, walked over to the couch and pushed the man's legs off the couch. He jumped up, startled, X's flashing, then, question marks and finally hearts. I sat down and rested my head on his shoulder. "Did you hear any of that?" I asked, closing my sore eyes.

"No?"

"I am posing as Marcus' wife tomorrow night." I told him. We're 'investing' in Tidus."

He nodded and I felt his arm drape around me. "Sitara can't do it?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm going to go and get my hair dyed, then come back and take a nap." I yawned, beginning to stand, eyes still closed.

He wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me back down. "Get some sleep before you go."

"No," I said, sitting up. "I'll go get it done, then sleep. That way it sets better."

"You sure?" He asked,

I nodded, opening my eyes. "I'll be back soon."