Chapter 2.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I heard the sound of my alarm. Opening my eyes to turn it off, I felt a sharp pain. Grabbing at my chest where it hurt. I tried to take deep breaths to try and make the pain go away. Sniffling, I looked at the time and saw that its 9:30 in the morning. Reaching for my phone, i decided to message Derrick.

*Hey, i just woke up sick.. lets do this another time.. im sorry* I said. I decided to go back to sleep hoping the pain would go away.

**
10:10am
*Ok that's fine i just woke up my dumb alarm didn't go off. Are you feeling okay?*

1:30pm
*How are you filling?*

*Im okay.. for the past couple days I've been waking up with my chest hurting everytime i breath so i had to get more rest so the pain would go away* I said thanking god my chest didnt hurt anymore

*Well glad you fill better now* He said.

*I do a little. I just need to eat something* I said, suddenly feeling hungry.

*Well when ever you wanna go swimming just let me know we can go tonight we go tomorrow or we don't have to go at all? lol😉* he asked.

*Do you not want to?* I asked hoping he didn't think i was trying to blow him off.

*No i was jk yea i want to haha lets go tonight haha naaa but for real when ever you want to* He said.

*Hahaha okay.* I said. I got up to look for something to eat.

*So when you wanna go? I just need to know so i dont plan anything else* He said.

*Ill see how I'm feeling after i eat* I said.

*O ok why cause you might wanna go tonight?* He asked.

*Yeah*

*Okay well that would be fun*

*Yeah, so what are you doing?* I replied as I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to make pancakes.

*Trying to find something to eat before work* he said *I guess I'm eating a chicken patty sandwich*

*I'm making pancakes* I said as I got out the pancake mix, and everything I need to make them with.

*Dang that sounds good*

*Yeah* I replied.

*So did you just wake up when you messaged me*he asked.

*Yeah*

*Yeah I slept in till 10:20, and I feel great that's the most sleep I've had in awhile*

*Wow lol* I didn't really know what to say. I put the pancake mix and everything up cause don't feel like making them, I'll just make some cereal.

*Yeah I know right* he replied.

*Excited for work?* I asked as I'm making myself some golden crisp.

*Yeah haha cuz I slept so good*

*haha that's good* I replied as I'm walking back to the couch. My safe haven.

*yeah, so how'd the pancakes turn out* he asked

*I decided not to make them*

*Aww dang, well I'm headed to work*

*Drive safe* I said. Dad walked in the living room and sat down.

"Did you and that boy do the dirty last night?" I mean he knows I'm not a virgin, but really?

"Uh no I'm not that easy jeez." I rolled my eyes

"Well, are y'all still talking?" He asked.

"Yes dad, we might go swimming when he gets off work tonight."