.disclaimer.

This story may be very dark and is more-so targeted at the 'thinks-they're-insane' audience. It revolves around issues such as drug abuse, alcohol abuse, hallucinations, depression etc. so, if you're sensitive to any of those subjects, I'm afraid you're either going to have to be strong or read another fanfiction. It also is a male-and-male story, so if you're homophobic, A) don't be: it's just love and B) don't read this story.

The story, in a brief description in order not to give away too much, is in a modern AU (obviously) and tells the story of how a relationship forms between Thomas Jefferson, a calm therapist, trying to help an angsty James Madison, who sees black creatures roaming the streets that other people do not.

This story is also partially based from real life events: I suppose I'm the James Madison in this situation? Except without a love life, therapist and/or marijuana (who knows about the last part, shh, don't tell the police).

Once again, if you're sensitive to any of these listed things, you'll either have to be strong or click off. There will not be a trigger warning as it is included in the majority of every chapter.

• Drug abuse
• Alcohol abuse
• Self-harm
• Insanity
• Depression
• Eating disorders
• Hallucinations
• Male x Male
etc.

And that concludes this brief, not thought through disclaimer. Read on if you aren't sensitive to any of the listed topics above.