Word of Advice

There's only five minutes left of my English class and I'm spending it in the back of the classroom sitting next to the window, staring outside of it just pondering still on where I've seen that guy from the water fountain. I keep thinking he's a guy from my first high school but then I think he's a guy I knew from my second high school, but which ever high school I put him in, I can never put a memory with his face. His chestnut brown messy-styled hair and his perfectly big and slim smile were killer details that could drive you nuts, but those "to-die-for" qualities have slipped my mind somehow.

"Anaiah!" I snapped my head toward the front of the classroom where my professor was standing. "Since you've been paying attention with such intensity, maybe you can tell us all what intersectional feminism is again?" My professor condescendingly suggested as the whole class turned their bodies towards me. Luckily for me, multiple people have yelled and argued about this controversial topic with me before so...

"It's when women have more than one quality that makes them oppressed." I confidently say. I stand up, grab my bag and head toward the door. "That clock is three minutes fast by the way," I reply knowing that class is over. I leave the classroom, hearing the groans and grunts as the rest of the kids in my class grab their bags to leave too.

I know it was a bitchy move, but my professor has been pissing me off for the past few weeks with her bullshit comments on my paper. I asked her once if I wrote a thesis for my paper that she's read before and she blatantly told me, "No, I have not seen this thesis before." A few weeks later during midterms I get my paper back with a comment saying, "I knocked off some points due to the lack of an original thesis." After that, I decided that she goes on my list of, "People whom I've had enough shit from."

After I spent some time in the small convenient store, I paid the cashier for my Naked smoothie and made my way outside back in the rain. My hair never got a chance to dry completely from when I was out here earlier, but fortunately, that was my one and only class for the day, so now I can dry back off in my dorm. I put my headphones in and let the music work its magic to let me drop the whole where-have-I-seen-this-guy fiasco because in all honesty, it was too much. I just know he's someone I've seen before, but I'm not going to tear myself up trying to figure out why he's so important.

Water Fountain Guy's POV:

"Yeah, I'll see you later man," I say opening the door to outside.

"Yeah for sure. Hey, are you going to the kick back later on?" My friend Josh asks.

"I don't know, but I'll text you if I do." I reply back

    "Alright cool, later," he says. I turn back outside into the rain again and let it soak me once more. The offer to go to the kick back wasn't appealing to me at all and I had already decided to skip it. I could use a night with some friends, but it's been so long since I've been able to just chill on my own and do what I want to do. I look down at my phone again trying to find this Anaiah girl on Instagram. I've been doing that in class the whole time and so far all that's popping up are people from Korea or Afghanistan that look nothing like the girl from the water fountain.

    It was strange because I had no desire to talk to her at first when I saw her sitting there in the rain. Not because she was unattractive or anything because she's actually pretty cute, but the way her face looked; drained. I've seen that face before. It's a face that says leave me alone - don't bother me. I've had that face before and after I overheard her conversation and I realized we've both been through the same thing, something came over me to try and cheer her up. All I know is that when I was feeling down about my last relationship, I would've killed for a new friend too and that's all I was trying to give her.