Found

*Warning gory description skip if you don't like gore. Plus swearing.

From my deep sleep, I woke up doused in water.

"What the fu..!" I shouted jumping out from beneath the wet sheets.

"Get up. We got work to do." Barrett stood next to the bed, an empty glass in his hand making him the main suspect. 

I gritted my teeth in anger. I wanted to punch his face so bad.

"Hurry up, you're wasting daylight. Plus that I've seen you look better."

Breathe. I was five seconds from knocking his teeth out.  I ripped the curtain open to reveal the sun just above the horizon. It couldn't been later than six am.

I grabbed a brush and ripped through my mane. Not even caring Barrett was sitting on the edge of my wet bed, I stripped my wet shirt and pants off leaving my bra and underwear. Grabbing some jeans and a plain shirt from the basket Auden got from the red head.

"Let's go." I said snapping Barrett out of some reverie. I was basically stomping down the hallway.

Reaching the end of the hallway, I saw Auden setting knives and guns on the counter. I brush past him briskly ignoring him. I knew I was being a bitch this morning, you could thank Barrett for that.

"Woah, someone is in a mood this morning." Auden said looking at me, only his sentence only irking  me.

"I think it's her time of month." I could hear Barrett loudly whisper to Auden who nodded wide eyed.

I closed my eyes and counted backwards from ten to control myself. God help me, was it hard.

Fuming I accepted the weapons, Auden was lending me for gate duty. Vague listening to the instruction that guns were for emergencies only. If I was surrounded or needed to gain attention.. blah blah.

I tucked the pistol into my waistband. I walked out the house slamming the door, Barrett followed in pursuit, a smirk on his face clearly pleased. This was his mission to ruin my day, probably because of my candidness last night.

As we approached the metal gate and we were approached by a young, dark male teenager.

"Bar, you're early." He reached forward slapping Barrett's hand in a friendly gesture,

"Yep, wanted to get it over with. " Barrett said clipping the man on the shoulder.

"Good thing because it's been particularly rowdy out there. Slightly more than usual."  He began to open the gate. "Hollar or shoot if you need help." He fully opened the gate motioning for us to go quickly.

I walked through the gate, Barrett behind me. There were maybe a dozen dead.

"Stay close to me, stay with in ten feet don't go past that tree. Let them go if they are past it. " Barrett hissed into my ear, tense from the danger.

I rolled my eyes ignoring his "chivalrous" means to protect me. I pulled the blade which Auden had given me for this.

A dead turned toward me, it's dead eyes meeting mine. They were empty, lifeless. His eyes cause all of it to come back into my mind, my parents death, their pain and suffering. The thought only fueled my anger. I plunged the knife through its eye. I could feel the blood rush covering my hand. I stabbed it once more before tossing the corpse to the side.

I turned to Barrett who was fighting and killing them. I could see his muscles rippling through his shirt. He killed them with such ease and agility.