chapter 1 the devil in disguise

Herobrine X Reader .:Chapter 1:. by Dark-Genesys

-Time skip to several hours ahead-

You wake up abruptly from your alarm clock on your headboard at 5:00 a.m. in the morning, spitting out profanities for forgetting to disable the alarm considering you didn't have work today. You turn off the alarm and lay back down to the bed. But then it hit you - you have never set the alarm to go off at 5:00 a.m. in the morning considering the fact that you don't even work in the mornings, but instead late afternoons, and you swore to yourself that you had the alarm disabled since a couple of days ago. You were too startled to go back to sleep, and your heartbeats racing fast to the point that you had to gasp for some air. You decide to just get up and clean your messy room so that way you wouldn't have to do it later during the day. You then noticed your computer was on...again. You start to get a little freaked out thinking that someone or something is playing with your head.

You walk slowly to the computer and turn on the monitor. Once again, the Minecraft program was open, on the Login screen. "I am seriously going insane here... I'm pretty sure I closed Minecraft and turned off the computer before going to bed." you say thinking outloud. For some reason, you felt like Minecraft was just calling you, so you finally decide to sit down, and log in to play. "OK Minecraft, if you want me to play so badly, here I am!" you say with much confidence. You notice there's at least 1 person online.

"Wow, I didn't think any of my friends would be online playing this early. Must be one of the Minecraft nerds." you say to yourself laughing a bit. When you finally log in, you find yourself in a dark cave. "What the fuck..?" you say thinking outloud, and become very puzzled. You could have sworn you had logged out last time in your house. You proceed to check your inventory, and you only had 1 Iron Sword, 1 Iron Helmet, 1 Stone Pickaxe, a stack of 27 diamonds, and 3 loafs of bread, but not a single torch in hand.

"Just great! I don't know where I am, and this is all I'm carrying? Those diamonds though... that's a decent amount I got there. Can't afford to lose them now!" you scoff at the already possible idea of getting killed by mobs trying to find a way out. Not long after moving a few steps ahead, you find a tunnel faintly lit by redstone torches, and a sign on the wall that had written on it "This way to the exit". You already had the worst feeling going on, but you walk through the man-made tunnel either way. As you start to hear zombie growls getting closer, you sprint through the cave, hoping to find your exit soon, but to no avail. The tunnel seemed endless. Running was consuming your stamina too fast, and you already had ran out of your 3 loafs of bread. When you were about to give up, you see light at the end of the tunnel, so you sprint one more time towards the light.

"Sigh, I finally made it! But I still don't know where I am..." You notice the sun was starting to set, and monster would soon prowl the night, and the zombies in the cave would finally catch up to you. "No no no! Not now! Why is the sun setting right now??" You protested to yourself. "I should have written down the coordinates of my house when I had the chance..." With not many options at hand, you wander through the woods until you find a trail of redstone torches leading through the trees. You can't help but feel more freaked out than ever, but you decide to follow it either way. As you venture through the woods, you notice a couple of skeletons spawning pretty close, and catching eyesight of you.

"And things could no longer get any better..." You say sarcastically to yourself, and begin to run through the woods following the redstone torches. You drop down to only 3 bars of stamina left, and unable to sprint anymore.

"FUCK!! NO! I have never died on this server and I don't plan on dying now!!"

The skeletons catch up in range of their arrows and shoot in your direction. You are lucky enough to avoid them, but then you run straight into a mob of zombies who begin to scratch at you trying to tear your skin apart and devour you. You are now down to 1 heart left worth of hit points. "Ugh.. not quite yet!" You manage to go around them and reach the end of the trail of redstone torches, and they led to an unusual pretty looking house. It wasn't yours, but at that point it didn't matter anyways. Right before you were about to open the door, you hear several arrow shots hit very close by. -"I should be dead by now, but..."- When you turned around, you saw what seemed to be a player online using the default Steve skin, and apparently blocked the arrow attack with its body, and was holding a diamond sword. The mobs stopped approaching, and slowly backed away, which seemed very strange.