Chapter 2

I've been busy for the past 2 weeks that I forgot all about Mrs. Ahn's cafe. I sponsored an anniversary of an orphanage last week, and then a wedding the next day. Yesterday, we prepared cupcakes for a baby shower.

I felt that I could use a day off today so I called my assistant to inform her I won't go to the resto today. I grabbed my bag and drove off to the cafe to see Mrs. Ahn. Unfortunately, it'd closed down. It seems like someone already bought it. I tried to called Mrs. Ahn. She confirmed that the cafe has been sold already and she appreciates my intention of buying it.

I felt kind of down, honestly. I wanted the place to be my own. Maybe I'd like to preserve a memory. Maybe I'm still holding to the thought that one day, when the time is right, Jin and I will be together again.

I thought I have moved on already. After all those years without him, I tried to live my life to the fullest. I was able to do things I didn't know I could even without his encouragements.

He has been my cheerleader. He supported me in ways I cannot forget. Like the time when I almost gave up during my first month in the production team, he would stay by my side and helped in brainstorming.
And that time when he was about to debut and I brought up about breaking up, he sent flowers to my house with sweet messages asking me not to let go.

I smiled bitterly as I remembered all those things. It's funny how time flies but feelings don't.

I went back to my car unsure where to head next. I don't know what's got to me but I found myself driving to TKC, the company I worked with 11 years ago.

I planned not to get off the car but Min Seok, a friend of mine, saw me and invited me in. I was a bit hesitant at first because who knew who I might bump into? Luckily, we went straight to the recording studio where there's a recording session of a newly formed girl group. He's now a musical director anyways.

I quite enjoyed their music so I stayed for a while. It's 3 in the afternoon already so I said goodbye to grab some snacks and maybe go to the mall and watch a movie. Alone.

I went straight to the elevator while I search on my phone what movie should I watch later. There were some people inside also but it's not that crowded. The elevator stopped at the ground floor and people left. I'm going to the basement so I stayed inside and went on surfing.

"Long time no see..."

The voice was too soft for me to hear but I felt it reached both of my ears and sent shiver all over my body. I knew exactly who I am with.