Prologue

Even though he wasn't 14 in the photo, we're going to pretend. 😂

_______________________________________

"Yah! Wait up!" 14-year-old Lia called after her best friend, Jaejoong.

He only laughed and continued to run from her. They chased each other up the Han River, until eventually Lia was able to tackle him.

They both lay on the ground, catching their breath. Suddenly, Jaejoong grinned and looked over at Lia.

"Noona...." he whined.

"YAH! I am not your noona, pabo!" she screamed, playfully smacking his chest.

They both began running again, but then decided they were too tired and collapsed to the ground. They both looked up at the clouds.

"I wish I could live forever," Lia said suddenly. Jaejoong looked at her.

"No, you don't. Living forever would be too tiring. Plus, you'd be alone, because everyone you care about would die since they live normal lives. Living forever would be lonely," he said.

Lia sighed, defeated. She hadn't thought of it that way. But how would he know?

"It's getting late, look! The sun is setting. We should go home," he said, jumping up and running to get his backpack. Lia followed him, turning to get one last look at the Han River before she left.

--

Lia opened her eyes and gasped. She stared at the gray sky, looking for any trace of the sky that had been so blue that day. Her hands were full of the Earth beneath her.

"Where did you go?"

_______________________________________

How was that for a prologue? 😅

Please vote & comment!