Chapter Two

ALEX'S POV

Ashley better get prepared for fire,Honestly? I had no idea what I was gonna do to her but I knew the outcome was gonna be worth the trouble.

If you hadn't noticed,i love making her mad as she does the same to me. Mind going back to the previous day as i drove over to her house to pick her up for school a usual,i cringed remembering how i had so much embarrassed myself in front of someone i suspected was one of the jocks at our school. Oh my God I was so screwed if that happened to be true...
  Now don't get me wrong, we do not particularly have issues with bullies or anything of that sort. However i am someone who would do anything... well almost anything to make sure I stayed away for from the social ladder at all. Yup miss invisible me. Ashley was okay with everyone  I guess but I reallyyyyy like my space thank you very much.
Ughh, I sighed as I remembered the clothes I had to laundry and errands I had to run for my mother at home. I mean,why can't we get a maid. Ashley has a maid, grandma has a maid, uncle Tony has a maid...
   "And you'll definitely have a maid because your too lazy self would need one if you don't want to get kicked out of your husband's house".
Oh my God, I spoke out loud didn't I. I hadn't even noticed I already entered the house. Mom continued,
"But in my house sweetie, you will be doing the chores allotted to you, I am not raising an irresponsible daughter" Mouth agape I protested
"Mom! But this isn't Nigeria, things are run here quite differently".
"Things have evolved to make life easier for us, we are in the technological age, and I'm pretty sure by the time i am ready to have a home, things will be sooooo much easier. I don't know why you always bring up marriage, I am only 18". Mumbling the last part as I attempted to leave the living room to avoid a lengthy conversation.
  With her eyebrows raised "I'm not following, sooooo.... will the improved technology and machineries run themselves? Besides what you are trained to do here is what you get used to as time goes on. Enough talks, get up there and start the laundry, for goodness sakes I have absolutely no idea what the trouble is all about. All you have to do is separate the clothes and load them according to color and texture in the machine and it does the rest. I wonder how I got you despite all my prayers for a good child"
I gasped, "mom!".
She retorted "good children don't grumble".
"But I heard that children only do to their parents, what their parents did to their own parents" I deadpanned, while edging away towards the stairs. Immediately after statement I attempted to race up but failed as a slipper hit me at the back of my head. "Ow!!"
  "Ah ah! Gotcha, that will teach you to talk better. And yeah, and sooo will your children do also unto you"
"Omaale" (bastard) she muttered in yoruba. "I should have just ended childbearing with the boys".
"I heard that!" I yelled from the top of the stairs.
"You were meant to!" She retorted.