。*:• ⁀➷ chapter one

"is this a mistake? am i even awake? pinch me now to make sure?"

。*:• ⁀➷ chapter one

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring sound, making me snap up from my slumber. I sighed as I turned it off, a small yawn escaping my lips. I realized right then and there that I probably shouldn't have stayed up until 2:00 in the morning on Pinterest.

Today was the day that I was supposed to meet the touring cast of Newsies the Musical. Otherwise known as the people I would be spending over a year of my life with. I was pretty anxious, as I needed to make a good impression on these boys. The thing was, I was horrid at first impressions. It's not like most people are great at it, nobody's perfect. I'm just pretty awkward, and tend to embarrass myself easily, so that made me a bit nervous.

As I walked into my bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. Looking at myself, I decided I didn't need to put on very much makeup, the more natural the better, right?

I put on a slight bit of makeup, deciding that I looked decent enough, as it didn't exactly matter how I looked. I pulled my semi-long length hair into a high ponytail, because I could never stand to have my hair in my face.

I put on decent dance clothes, my favorite white tank top and black leggings, which is what I usually danced in anyway.

As I left my small apartment, I updated my Instagram feed with a post that said, "meeting my new cast today, I honestly don't know whether I'm scared, or frightened."

I made my way toward the Starbucks around the corner, making sure I grabbed myself a coffee. I knew I couldn't go a morning without coffee, especially a morning where I'd be spending my whole day with a bunch of boys.

I finally arrived at the studio where I'd be spending my day at. I looked at the time on my phone, 11:12, "eighteen minutes ahead schedule." I smiled, as I walked into the studio.

It took me a while to find the room in which we were going to be staying in all day, but once I found it I could hear the chatter from a few feet away from the door. It seemed quite loud from there, but it became louder once I opened the door.

The noise was a bit overwhelming, even for me, but I dealt with it, as I made my way inside, sitting on an empty chair. I decided to go on my phone to pass time before it was time to start.

It seemed like forever before the clock finally hit 11:30. As if he were on a timer, the director came out almost immediately after it was 11:30. "Everyone, get in a circle." He enthused, everyone the room suddenly gathering in a large circle.

I stood next to two boys, go figure. Obviously it would be difficult to end up standing by another girl, as the cast was made up solely of guys. We all stood about arms length from each other, each bearing a wide smile.

"Hello everyone! I'm Jeff Calhoun, and I'll be your director!" The man introduced. The were a chorus of "hello"'s and responses.

"Now," Jeff continued, "look around and make eye contact with one person. Keep eye contact with them."

I was confused, but did it anyway, I locked eyes with a blue eyed boy. He had a huge cheeky smile and it made me giggle a bit.

"Okay, now approach the person you made eye contact with, and have a conversation. Consider this a get to know you game."

I smiled awkwardly as I went to approach the boy I had made eye contact with. Damn Allison, you've already made this awkward and you haven't even met him. That's a new record.

As we approached each other he gave me a childish smile, which made me a little calmer about the whole situation. "Ben Tyler Cook." Ben introduced. "Allison Reed." I smiled. "I'm playing Sniper." "I'm playing Race!" He enthused.

We made small talk, mostly about different musicals we enjoy. We also spoke about the part of the show we were the most excited for, as we were both huge fansies previously.

As the day went on, we had to introduce ourself to different pairs, as a pair. It was quite interesting, and Ben was pretty cool. Not to mention, kinda cute. But, I didn't know if I wanted to get myself into a relationship, perhaps I did?

As we neared the end, Jeff told us that our first rehearsals were tomorrow, and I was beyond excited. I'd been waiting for this day for ages, and it was finally coming.

"Hey, we should hang out tomorrow. Maybe, after rehearsal?" I heard from behind me, as I turned around to see the grinning face of Ben Cook. "Oh-yeah, of course." I replied, flustered.

He gave me a cheeky thumbs up as I sighed. This wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would, would it?

wc: 838 

lol I can't writeeeeeee

but I hope you enjoyed

fEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS MUCH AS YOU'D LIKE,, I love comments, and always try to respond to each one!!

thank you for reading!!

(ps. I'm updating each of my others stories tomorrow ;))