Chapter 1

Kouyou's POV

"I can't believe that out of all days you decide to catch the flu a week prior to final exams, and making me be your errand boy!" I scowled at my best friend and roommate Akira.

He knows I need to cram for these final exams and that I have to go into work later, but yet I was chosen to play substitute interviewer for today.

"It's only for today Kou! Please, do this for me today?", he pleaded.
"This is really big for me and for the newspaper at our school! To be able to interview the benefactor of our University is a chance in a lifetime. And plus his time is precious! Do you know how hard it was for me to be able to schedule an appointment for this?!" His face showed frustration, but his voice sounded desperate.

I looked at my bleach blonde friend who was huddled on the couch wrapped in blankets with a cup of coffee in front of him. He was slim and well in shape with toned muscles; looks like that muscle milk really payed off for him, I thought to myself. Even when he was sick he looked amazing.

"Aki, you know I wouldn't say no to you if this meant a lot to you." I gave in. "What's his name anyway? If i'm going to do the interviewing for you I at least need to know the man's name."

An expression of disbelief washed over Akira's face, " You seriously don't know who the benefactor for our university is?"

"Nope." I simply stated.

I didn't and still don't have the time to learn such things, my studies come first after all.

"Shiroyama Yuu." He told me, watching my expressions as I processed the name.

"Never heard of him."

" You've got to be joking, Kou!" Disbelief plastered on his face. "He's the CEO of Shiroyama Enterprises, and you're telling me you've never once heard of the man?"
He gave me a dumbfounded look as he continued with his little rant.

"How the hell is that even possible Kou? He's a major tycoon!"

"I never really cared to learn about him I guess." I shrugged. "My studies are more important to me anyways, Aki."

Right then and there Akira literally dead panned in front of me for my blunt statement.

"Anyway Aki, you should take some medicine and get back to bed. You're starting to look even more pale."

"Thank you for doing this for me Kou, I don't know what I would do with out you." He gave me his best smile showing me he was truly thankful.

"Knowing you, you would probably end up in a ditch somewhere drunk and butt ass naked, since I'm the sober one out of the two of us." I told him with playfulness on my voice.

"Kou... you and I both know that's a damn lie. You're a heavier drinker than I am!" He laughed while reaching for his coffee and taking a sip, "It's just that you're better at holding your liquor.. I'm not a pro like you are big boy." Giving me a playful smirk as he looked up at me.

"Well until then, you can just stay at the kids table, little man." I smirked, proud at my sarcastic come back while Aki tried to process my words.

I quickly gathered all the necessary items I would need for today's interview, stuffing them in my bag and making my way towards the door.

"And what the hell is that suppose to mean?" Taking a look at myself in the mirror and at Akira in the process, I tried to pat down my honey blonde hair and adjusted my black framed glasses to at least make myself look somewhat presentable.