Scavenger Hunt

I sighed, picking up the cleanly written scrap of paper.

"Dear John,

I suppose you're wondering why I am gone so early on this celebrated day. Today I have arranged a scavenger hunt for you, to find a basket full of candy. Which is apparently a tradition on this rather bland holiday. Nonetheless I need you to follow a set of clues which I have placed around the city. Call Molly for the first clue.

Signed, Sherlock Holmes

I sighed softly, digging out my phone from my left pocket, wondering if I should even go through all of this work for a useless bag of candy. I knew Sherlock would be mad if I didn't follow this plan that must have taken him a bit of thought and planning, especially if it involved another party of people.

I finally pulled out my phone, looking at the back for a second before flipping it around and pressing the button to turn it on. I noticed a message from sherlock and clicked it.

"Don't bother texting me. I will ignore you. -SH"

I searched through my contacts, quickly finding Molly and pressing the call button.

"Hello?" She answered, picking up on the second ring.

"Ah, yes. Hello Molly. Sherlock left a note saying I should call you for a clue." He looked around the rest of the familiar room.

She giggled softly. "Oh, yeah I have a clue. You need to go to a place you went from in a hurry, too fast to remember something important to you." She laughed louder this time, pulling the phone further away from her mouth. "I hope you do well on this. Have a good day John!" I could hear the bright smile on her face. I wondered why she's laughing though.

"Have a good day Molly." She hung up first, as I pulled the phone from my ear, deep in thought of who she could be talking about. I went through all of the places we had been before, trying to remember if I had forgotten anything during any of the trips.

I was lost for a few minutes before remembering the intense race of our first case, and the memory of Amelio returning my cane later that night.

"Amelio." I laughed softly, sighing as I looked to the door and grabbed my coat, stepping into the moderately cold air and smiling. Off to walking to my first destination.

I smiled, walking into the comfortable restaurant, looking around for the person in question.

He was near the front of the restaurant, talking with a waiter happily before glancing my way and smiling brightly. "John!"

"Hello Amelio, I've been sent here by Molly. She said you had a clue?" I asked, almost more of a question than a fact.

He smiled, chuckling loudly. "Yes, yes I do. It's just a simple object though." He put his hand in his pocket, pulling out a rather small keychain, a loop on the one side of it. He walked a few large steps, handing me the small item with a closed eye smile.

I took the keychain out of his hand, turning it over to look at the dual colored side. "Not My Division" was written in a dark blue color. We both erupted in laughter

"Well I wonder who this is." I managed to get out between laughs.

Amelio patted my back twice, smiling down at me. "You should probably get going soon. You still have a bit to go before the end."

I nodded happily, a smile still present on my face. "Thank you so much Amelio. Have a good day!"

"You too John, Happy Easter!" I waved, leaving the restaurant, starting the next walk to my destination.