Kathryn, Not Kathy

Please review at the end! I want to hear your thoughts!

-----

            Kathryn was definitely the center of attention on the plane and she wasn’t comfortable with it at all.

            The other passengers on the small plane were boys of all different ages, each dressed in crisp dress pants, a white cotton shirt, and a stiff black blazer with an emblazoned crest of one private school or another.  And it wasn’t lost on these boys, most of whom hadn’t seen a female in a few years (minus the burly lunch woman at the Academy), that there was a very beautiful girl that had just boarded their plane.

            Kathryn clutched her handbag tightly to her body, wishing she had been booked on another flight. But this one had been cheap, and considering how angry Mother and Father were, it made sense that they’d choose the cheapest flight to send her away in disgrace on.

            “Miss, there’s an empty seat here!” A boy called out, and Kathryn winced. She’d seen the seat already, but had been desperately combing the aisles for an isolated one rather than be sandwiched between all these boys – of which the oldest ones were looking at her almost…hungrily.

            “Miss, please take a seat.” the stuartess instructed, a fake smile plastered over her face. Obviously Kathryn would find no pity from the only other woman on board.

            Slightly frowning, Kathryn slid herself daintily into the empty seat, giving the boy who had informed her of the spot a small smile. He returned it, and Kathryn almost felt her breath hitch in her chest. He was gorgeous.

            Stop it, Kathryn chastised herself. It’s because of good-looking bastards like this that you’re here in the first place.

            “What’s your name, beautiful?” the boy asked, leaning forward intimately to talk to her. His English accent was smooth and musical.

            Kathryn backed up until she was pressed uncomfortably against the back of the seat. “Kathryn.” she whispered, averting her eyes from his almost black ones.

            “Can I call you Kathy?”

            Kathryn hated that nickname, but to avoid any further conversation, she nodded and turned her head to the side.

            All you have to do is survive this plane ride. You’ll be in London in seven hours…seven hours isn’t really that long. You can do it.

            “Good. So Kathy, why are you flying to England?”  He asked, running a hand through his dark brown hair that glinted auburn in the overhead light.

            “Why are you?” Kathryn snapped back. Maybe, she figured, if I’m as rude as possible he’ll just leave me alone.

            “We’re from there –“

            “Obviously.” Kathryn interrupted. The boy raised his eyebrows questioningly but chose not to acknowledge her comment.

            “We went over to America during the war when the bombs started dropping on England, but now that things have cooled down back home, our headmaster thinks it’s okay to return.”

            “Well that’s good then.”

            “So now it’s your turn.” he prodded.