Ch2: a brothers protection

This chapter is dedicated to @moonshoshion !!!! She is a very patient person and she deserves a metal for putting up with me!

The scene opens to Itachi sitting on the back porch. Sasuke is cradled in his arms. The baby is stirring slightly as if he sensed something in discomfort. Yet he made no sound to voice it to his elder sibling.

Sasuke scowled and crossed his arms. He didn't want to see himself so defenseless in the arms of that killer. It made his hatred boil and his heart clench in pain. Was Itachi lying to him even then? But he was just an infant. Why was he pretending to care for him when he couldn't even remember any of this.

"Teme what's up? Naruto asked nudging his stoic teammate as he noticed the tense expression on his face. Sasuke's head snapped to Naruto. He glared.

"None of your business." Sasuke snapped at him.

"You look confused" Naruto said. He had never seen Sasuke look confused before.

"Naruto just shut up you idiot..." Sasuke sighed rubbing at his forehead. Naruto did with a frown. He shared a look with Sakura who looked back just as worried.

"What is this sensation?" Itachi said seemingly speaking to himself. Then Sasuke began to cry not being able to hold in his concern for the ominous feeling in the air. Itachi looked down and started rocking the fretful infant.

"What? Finally feeling the urge to drop me on the porch step...crack my head against the stairs?" Sasuke said to the screen with a glare.

"Foolish little brother. I would have done no such thing" Itachi answered making Sasuke freeze. Sasuke turned his head and gazed back at his brother. He glared at Itachi. His heart clenching once again as he eyes him with a deadly glare.

"There there...Don't cry, Sasuke. No matter what happens your big brother will definitely protect you" Itachi told him comfortingly.

Sasuke chuckled ruefully. That was just a sick joke. His laughter became so apparent that it made even Naruto lose his chideful grin.

"Sasuke...?" Sakura questioned. She didn't think she had ever heard the Uchiha laugh. It was not a sound she was accustomed to.

Sasuke ran a hand through his hair. "Protect me? Don't cry Sasuke your big brother will definitely protect you" Sasuke said mimicking Itachi. He scowled sickened.

"You started lying to me that early. Figures" Sasuke grumbled. He hated this thing. This was all stupid. Why was it showing him this? He didn't want to add new scars to dig up. He already had enough happy lies with Itachi to cry himself to sleep over. He didn't need to see this. He didn't want to see any of this. All he was seeing was the form of his kind older brother of whom he adored. As hard as he tried to equate him with the monster that sat behind him both his heart and surprisingly even his mind was against him. It was all rushing back. He couldn't believe this lie again. He wouldn't. He was an avenger. He could endure this awful look back into the past. No matter how painful it was.

Then the scene skips to a guy in a tiger mask. He summons the nine tails into the village. It roars in anger it's tails whipping in the streets.

Everyone's head turns to the guy in the swirly mask. Kakashi death glared him immediately. Kakashi's fist clenched. His teeth gritted underneath his mask. Images of, Obito, Rin, Kushina, and Minato flashing through his mind. This was the guy. This idiot was the guy who took away his family. He knew he was supposed to set a good example for Sasuke here but, Kakashi could see the appeal. After all he was literally right next to him. Then Kakashi sprang at the guy punching the masked man in the face. The two men fell to the floor brawling.