Chapter Five

Chapter Five

It was a couple of days before Stephanie and Sidney got the hang of calling me Sebastian. My uncle sent the papers in the mail to Joe yesterday because my dad also had to sign them. It was all going to become permanent soon. I was sitting with Sidney on the couch, we were watching cartoons. There was a knock at the door and then the doorbell rang. My aunt's schnauzer, Matilda, perked up and bounded her way to bark at the door.

"Can someone get the door?" Stephanie yelled from upstairs. I looked at Sidney and nodded at him to answer the door.

"You're hilarious," Sidney put his feet on the coffee table, "you think I'm going to get it."

"Weak," I pushed him over, Sidney laughed and I went to get the door. I picked up Matilda because she has a history of escaping. At the door were four people and they were standing there, arguing with one another. I cleared my throat and they stopped. There were two girls, one blonde and the other with dark hair, and the two boys standing in the back were Lincoln and Thad.

"Hi you," Thad smiled, fixing his hair, "is Steph coming?"

"I haven't seen her all morning," I say, "she's kept herself in the bathroom."

"That's typical Steph, though," the girl with dark hair said and she stuck her hand out, "I'm Johanna, Ms. Shy is Olivia. You're Barry, right?"

"It's actually Sebastian now," I corrected, "but yeah, I'm him. I actually have my own question, how many people did Stephanie tell about me?"

"As far as I know," Lincoln pushed to the front and walked inside, the others followed, "just us. My turn, did Katherine go shopping recently?"

"Uh, yeah," I look at him and close the door, "she got groceries yesterday."

"Sweet," he said and started for the kitchen. I set Matilda down, watching him and Thad came up behind me with an arm around my shoulders.

"Lincoln's in love with the popsicles your aunt buys," he says and raises his voice, "it's sickening!"

"Shut up," Lincoln's muffled voice yelled back. He walked out of the kitchen and stared at Thad with a dead look, "they're delicious, they make me feel amazing, and I can never find them at the store."

I see the popsicle that Lincoln had in his hand and laugh, "That's because she buys those from a client of hers."

"But they're always packaged," Lincoln shoves his popsicle wrapper into my hands, "like those crappy ones my mom buys."

"Do you even know what Katherine does?" I asked, amused, and Lincoln shakes his head, the girls head upstairs, "She's a business consultant and one of the places she works with is an ice cream shop. Amazing ice cream and that popsicle has alcohol in it."

"Your aunt has been drugging me," he shoves the popsicle to my chest and gags.

"You're just a wimp," I tell him and bite the popsicle. My sensitive teeth turned into icicles.

"Jeez," Thad backed away from me. Lincoln cracked a grin  and laughed at the evident pain that was visible on my face.

"Oh, yeah," I rub my cheek, "that didn't feel good."

"You are aware of the alcohol," Thad asked, making sure.

"Adrien and Katherine don't care," I shrugged and finished the popsicle, "the legal drinking age in France is 16, and since I'm of age. I'm going to get partied up when we go to France next week."

"You're going to France next week?" Lincoln stopped laughing.

"Yeah, my grandpa's nephew invited us," I walk to the kitchen and throw the stick in the garbage, Lincoln and Thad follow, "he has triplets, crazy I know. Jacalyn, Rollan, and Trinette are their names and they're going to be turning 16. It's a big deal you know, legal drinking age and all that."