Singing for Potter

KARMINE and Christian leaned against the large opening in the castle, it looked over the courtyard.
"She looks like she could dance." Christina pointed to a girl with an athletes build.

"No she's on the Quidditch team and her dancing isn't our style." Karmine replied, the two were four weeks into the year and searching for people to join them in their... dancing expedition.
The noise of the bell rang, indicating everyone should go to their classes.

Karmine walced in five minutes after the bell, potions.
She wore her usual semi-short grey skirt and robe. Her under vest was tight and again, her outfit was for contemporary dance.

"Miss Daniels!" Professor Slughorn cheered, letting Karmine in without telling her off or giving her a detention.
The only seat left was beside Avery who gave her a shy smile.

"Good morning Avery." Karmine took out her things. Sending a flirtatious smile to James who sat behind her.

"Good morning Karmine." She smiled, no stutter.

"This is an odd question Avery, but do you dance?" Karmine asked halfway through the class. Avery looked taken aback.

"N-No, sorry." Avery replied, giving Karmine an odd glance.

The class continued along, then the students were left to brew an easy, healing potion.
"Now I gotta get loose, footloose, kick off your Sunday shoes. Jeeze, Louise, pull me off of my knees. Jack get back-."

"Are you singing Daniels?" James inerupted, leaning over his table as Remus brewed the potion.
Karmine smiled, dramatically turning around and continuing her verse.
Getting into it, she slid herself out from behind her desk and swayed her hips with her movements.

"Shake it, Shake it for me." She sang. James rolled his eyes, grabbing her hand and spinning her into him.
Then he dipped her with a sense of another, more upbeat dance move.

Then his hips rocked side to side at the same pace as hers as everyone else sung the song.
Slughorn was trying to calm the students down but Karmine jumped onto his desk. Kicking the large stack of papers.
Then Karmine shook her head to the beat of the desks and feet.

"MISS DANIELS OFF THAT DESK!" Professor McGonagal appeared, her booming voice stopping everyone.
Karmine sprung into the air. Back flipping off the desk.
Karmine looked up with her dark, emerald eyes, giving the perfect doe eyes.
"Don't. Don't do that again. Its very dangerous and dancing is banned."
McGonagal walked out.

"Why didn't she-? She would have skinned anyone alive!" A student gushed.

"Diplomatic immunity?" Karmine smiled, crossing her leg over the other in her chair. Avery stared at Karmine through the rest of the lesson.

Karmine knew why the teachs were letting her off with a warning.
She was a newly made orphan, her only escape the very thing banned from her school.

-

JAMES watched Karmine with interest. He remembered the weird dancing scene in potions running through his mind.
Karmine Daniels is a dancer.

And he revealed that he also dabbled in the art form himself.
Quidditch player James Potter knew how to dance.

"Potter." Karmine smiled flirtatiously at him, leaning her hip against the desk in the library.