Powers

"Frostpaw!" I said in a deep voice, unable to control myself.

She stepped back, shaking in fear. "Y-You just killed someone!" She said.

The black sizzling paw prints he left sent Frostpaw running towards the clan. Flarepaw chased after her, heart racing. She cannot tell the clan!

Flarepaw, becoming his usual self ran full speed. The fire on his paws vanished, the paw prints gone, and his eyes calming down. All he focused on was getting Frostpaw away from the clan.

"Frostpaw, wait!" Flarepaw said, throwing a paw over her. She tumbled to the ground. "Frostpaw- I'm warning you!" He called to her. After minutes of struggling, Frostpaw lay, under his paws, panting. Her eyes wide. Pupils small. Heavy breaths. 

"Are you going to kill me, too?" Frostpaw whispered in a shaky voice. 

Flarepaw felt a gust of something imaginary hit his face. "N-No-" 

She struggled beneath his paws. "Then, let me go!" She hissed. Frostpaw bent down to bite his paw.

Surprised, Flarepaw jerked back. He imminently restrained Frostpaw again. She was no match for this demonic cat.

"Frostpaw, you have to listen to me." He spoke, slowly. 

Her breath was cold against his face as she waited. Frostpaw was absolutely convinced this was her last day of life.

"You have powers too." He said.

Frostpaw didn't take this well. "What? Liar!" She shrieked.

"No. He stiffened his grip as she struggled. "I've seen you.."

She cut him off. "You're lying!"

"Listen!" He hissed in a voice that made her stop struggling. "I've see you at night.Crystals a-and the ice." 

Frostpaw listened. "R-Really?"

"Yes." 

"But- I can't m-make it come back." She said, puzzled.

"You're like me. Can only use your powers when you... need them." She's an ice angel. He thought.

"Well, why do mine work at night?" She asked.

There was a pause. Because I'm a demon. And  my powers happen at night.

"I don't know." He lied.

Frostpaw slowly nodded. "S-so will you let me go..?"'

A nervous look was plastered on Flarepaw's face. "Frostpaw, if you tell the clan... we could be kicked out... or worse." his shaky voice trailed off to almost a whisper.

The young she cat squirmed under him, "I won't tell!" She squeaked as Flarepaw finally released.

They both left the body of Firetail behind as they met up with there group. Flarepaw and Frostpaw locked eyes and Flarepaw noticed something- The frosty-eyed kit couldn't control her powers. And they could happen anytime- and they were happening now.