Bonus

10 Signs You’re an Introvert, Not Shy (BONUS CHAPTER)

Hey guys, since many of you have been asking for more points. Here's an extra chapter with a whole lot of information.

 Introversion has to do with the presence of a rich inner world and an inclination to focus on the depth of your friendships rather than the quantity. Introverts have limited social energy and value their time alone to reflect and recharge. By contrast, shyness has more to do with fear, discomfort, and nervous energy. It is very possible to be a shy extrovert, and even more common to be an introvert who exhibits no signs of shyness at all.

HERE ARE TEN SIGNS THAT YOUR “SHYNESS” IS ACTUALLY INTROVERSION:

PEOPLE OFTEN DESCRIBE YOU AS MYSTERIOUS.

 You have a tendency to hold back personal information, preferring to listen and learn about others. This naturally cultivates an air of mystery, which many find to be intriguing.

YOU ARE VERY PERCEPTIVE.

Shy people are usually too nervous about their own business to learn much about the motives and characteristics of others. Introverts, on the other hand, have outstanding observational skills

YOU ARE DECISIVE.

Introverts make decisions very carefully and rarely change their minds. Shyness, on the other hand, inhibits decision making. A shy person, like an introvert, will take a long time to come to a decision. However, their mind will be more easily changed once they have done so.

YOU DON’T HESITATE TO DEMAND SPACE OR TIME TO YOURSELF.

This is a necessary thing for an introvert’s well-being. However, insisting on self-care takes a level of confidence that is not usually seen in very shy people.

YOU HAVE DEEP, LONG LASTING FRIENDSHIPS.

Introverts treasure their close friends and have a fierce sense of loyalty. Shyness can inhibit the process of making friends, and usually needs to fade away to facilitate the deepening of your connection.

YOU DO NOT GET BORED EASILY.

An introvert’s robust inner world will keep their wheels turning regardless of external stimulation. For this reason, they do not find a long silence to be awkward. A shy person, however, would find it torturous.

YOU ARE PROFOUNDLY CREATIVE.

Introverts have been shown to be more creatively gifted than their extroverted counterparts. This is due to their introspective nature and well-developed worldview. True creativity, however, takes courage, confidence, and knowledge of self. Shyness can dull these traits.

YOU MANAGE CONFLICT WITH CARE.

Shy people avoid conflict at all costs. Introverts, however, are willing to stand up for their deeply held beliefs. They are very selective about their arguments, and construct them with great attention to detail.

YOU LISTEN TO UNDERSTAND – NOT TO RESPOND.

Introverts are profoundly skilled listeners. While a shy person will listen closely, they are more likely to do so in order to form an acceptable response than to understand the other person’s viewpoint.

YOU AVOID SMALL TALK.

A shy person will gladly partake in small talk, as it is the least stressful and intimidating form of communication. An introvert, however, will either attempt to send the conversation into a deeper place, or opt out entirely.

“Don’t judge me unfriendly. I’m not arrogant, I’m not shy. I just like quietness, cause I can nurture my own world,” Embrace your introverted nature, and nurture your deeply personal inner world. Don’t let others convince you that you are shy, arrogant, or any other negative connotation that comes along with a quiet soul. Own the introvert that you are.

UNDER:CONSCIOUSNESS, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT,SOCIETY (COPYRIGHT © 2017 · SAPIENS MS AND ALESSAGREY