Under the shadows

Have you ever lived under fear? I mean true fear. Fear of getting caught, fear of getting hurt, fear of hurting someone you love or cherish, fear of not being able to do something, or just dark cold fear. If you have, there are chances you know what I am talking about. Sweaty cold palm, racing heartbeat, and stinky armpit (trust me not even a litre of perfume can drown this smell).

Well, I find myself living under fear most of the time. I wonder if I were in the Harry Potter movie, I would never get admitted to Gryffindor which values courage and bravery. I would be thrown into some unimportant house like Hufflepuff. I feel kind of rejected. The world likes heroes who are brave, like to explore and love dogs (don't get me wrong, I love the cute puppy videos, but to come close to one who is of my height, can jump and chew is not my idea of love). Anyways, no one likes a cat-lover, rain-hater and a person with cleanliness OCD.

Our idea of perfect is someone carefree who shine against all odds, unlike me who can watch TV all day without changing the channel. World likes people with a passion for music, who can tell their beetles from guns and roses or be classy and love jazz; not like me who can listen to just about anything, even silence. World likes people who can make decisions, that too fast; which coffee do you want? Do you want your sub lightly toasted, with or without cheese? Unlike me who can eat anything, no choice whatsoever. You want pizza? YA, Let's go! You want to do dancing? Fine!

I wonder if all these parameters are the key to success and happiness. Or is it just like the fake beauty standards the world has built. Whatever it is, it has messed-up up minds of many others like me who feel they are never doing enough to achieve "it". There is a voice always ringing 'you are not good enough'. That voice, never lets you to be truly happy.