Breakup|| Carl Gallagher

{A few months after carl got shot}

Marissa's point of view

Me and Carl have getting more and more distant from each other. It's heart breaking cause I'm so inlove with him. He doesn't ever want to chill with me.

"Hey carl." I say. "Hi. " "what's been going on lately?" I ask. "What do you mean ?" "You seem   Very unhappy in this relationship" I say. He pauses

"Because I'm not happy in this relationship " my heart breaks. "Why ? You're the one that asked me out. You're the one that made me fall in love with you. " "because marissa , you are to much to handle. We need to move on. " "you already have another girl don't you ? You've been cheating on me ?" I ask. He just looks away. Tears form in my eyes.

"Why ?" I ask. "Cause ever since we've began to date you don't want to do anything adventurous, fun and all that. You're boring. " "sorry I'm depressed. It's whatever. " I say. "Yep. You're acting like I'm all happy. Don't you remember I got shot ?" He says. "Don't you remember I got  hit by a car ? " I say back raising my voice. "Whatever. " he says. At this point I'm just crying. I walk upstairs and go to the bathroom real quick. I wash my face off and notice the promise ring I had on.

I get so mad. I walk back down stairs to see carl on his phone. I go stand in front of him. "What " he says. I look at his finger and he still had the beautiful ring on. I hold back the tears and say "I forgot to give you this , don't forget to take yours off. " "oh yea .. right .." he said with a crackly voice.

Carls point of view

Yes I love her. But this is wasn't meant to be. We need to move on. It hurt like hell when she gave the ring back though. And I'm going to military school in like 1 year I don't  want her to get TO attached

*phone vibrates*

Bonnie : hey babe , want to do something fun today ?
Me : of course my love , what time ? 💘
Bonnie : 7:00 ?
Me : that's fine with me , see you then.

I hear marissa walk back downstairs. I turn around and she's wearing this

 I turn around and she's wearing this

My jaw drops. God damn it carl why. "Marissa ?" I say. "What. " " I don't care what you say , you're still my bestfriend. You look nice , where are you going ?" " yea whatever and why does it matter ." She says and walks out.