3. I Must Be Going Mad

Tyson felt his heart pounding as he ran into his house and shut the door. He knew perfectly well she hadn't followed him as he was constantly looking back.

He smiled and headed upstairs to a small loft, his breathing quick and in sharp, deep breaths. He was sweating and his legs were shaking slightly but he felt happy to know he had gotten rid of that strange girl.

The boy flopped onto a large bean bag and pulled his homework out of his backpack before hearing a voice speak.

"You took forever to get here!"

He let out a groan and looked over, seeing Melody.

"How did you get in my house?" He demanded.

"The front door duh. Your mom is a very nice lady, did you know?" She continued as if nothing abnormal had happened. "As far as she knows we are working on a school project together." Melody lept up from where she was sitting on the floor and fell onto the bean bag beside him. "Whatcha working on?"

"Math." He responded with a grumble.

"Then what's with the letters..." She pointed her fingers at the 'X' and 'Y's' that were strewn across the page.

"I don't know, math is weird." He started chewing on the end of his pencil before doing the first problem. "Like you."

Melody placed a hand over her heart dramatically. "I am not weird!"

"You kinda are." He replied before looking back at the page and finishing another problem.

"How am I weird?"

Tyson set his paper on the floor and looked at her.

"You lied to my mom, you got here before me despite me running, you somehow have a paper with all my information on it, you're in my house, and you are technically still a stranger!"

Melody huffed and crossed her arms. "Well I'm staying whether you like it or not."

"This isn-"

Tyson was cut off as he heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. Seconds later his mom appeared, holding a glass of milk and a plate of cookies.

"I thought you could use a snac-"

"Why did you let Melody in our house?"

Her face instantly changed from one of kindness to confusion. "Honey, do you feel sick?" She walked over and went to place her hand on his forehead but Tyson ducked out of the way before she could.

"What no, I'm feeling fine." He pointed to Melody. "But why is she here?"

His mother glanced at where he was pointing and she got even more worried then before. "Tyson, sweetie... There's nothing there."

"Yeah of course there is. She's right there, mom." His mother shook her head.

"Do I need to call a doctor? Are you hallucinating." She started to leave the loft.

Tyson shook his head quickly and jumped up. "I'm fine, really I am..." He paused and looked down worriedly. "I... I was just messing with you!"

She nodded slowly, almost not believing him. "Ok..." She left downstairs fully and Tyson let out a sigh turning to Melody.

"What just happened?"

She shrugged and giggled. "Ok so maybe I lied about telling your mom." He frowned, not finding that the least bit amusing.

"Not funny. How come she couldn't see you?"

Melody waved her hands in a rainbow over her head. "Magic." She giggled again. Tyson glared and crossed his arms, unamused.

"Spill your secrets."

She let out a long and exaggerated sigh. "Fine, I'm not magical... I'm just... Not real? I think, it's hard to explain..." Melody frowned when she noticed Tyson's face going a bit pale. He placed a hand on his forehead.

"Y-You're a figment of my imagination then, right?" His stutter had returned. Tyson always found the supernatural to be slightly scary.

"What no! That's crazy talk. I'm more of..." She searched for a explanation he would understand. "... Your imaginary friend! That's what I am, sorta."

"I must be going mad..."

//

Word count: 656
Unedited

I HAD A PLAN FOR THIS ENTIRE BOOK BUT THEN I WAS LIKE
SCREW IT I GOT A BETTER IDEA AND ITS WAYYYYYY BETTER
:D

I also am so excited about this book that I might update it twice a week but I don't know for sure yet