5. Nothing But Annoying

"Can you stop swinging your legs?" Tyson hissed quietly. "It's very distracting."

He was currently in history class and taking a test. Melody was atop the empty desk beside him, glancing at his paper and swinging her feet, invisible to everyone else.

"Sorry."

The swinging stopped and she instead tapped her fingers, glancing around the classroom.

He frowned and just shook his head dismissively. Trying to focus on his paper instead of the rhythm her fingers were making, Tyson answered another question.

-------------

Melody's fingers continued tapping different stuff throughout the school day. They tapped the lockers, the doors, the tables, and the walls.

Eventually Tyson turned to her with a slight scowl. "Do your fingers have to constantly be moving or something? It's really, really annoying!"

She shrugged a little. "No, I just like the sound it makes. Can't you hear the tune?" She started tapping her fingers again. As he strained to hear he could slightly make out a pattern and tune to it.

"Here." He reached into his backpack and pulled out a small device along with a set of black earbuds. "It's music. It's just like what you were doing but with words and a meaning."

After some difficulty with getting it turned on and showing her how it works, he huffed and went back to his work. Fifth period was coming up and he was going to see Jacob soon. Tyson didn't want to have to deal with her then.

When the bell rang for passing he looked up and was pleased to find Melody bobbing her head along with whatever song she was listening to.

"THIS MUSIC IS REALLY GOOD!"

He covered his ears. "Not so loud I can hear you just fine." He reached forward and pulled one earbud out of her ear. He turned down the volume a little as well, so she could hear herself speak.

"Come on." Tyson stood up and grabbed his backpack. "I have math next and it's with my friend. So you can't talk to me." He raised his eyebrows. "Got that?"

Melody nodded and gave him a thumbs up. "Got it."

---------

The two were walking down the hallways when Jacob ran up and fell into step beside them. "Hey!"

Tyson smiled at his friend. "Hey, how was fourth?"

"Sucked, like always." His friend laughed. "But what's new about that? The teachers super boring."

He nodded his head in agreement and turned to look at Melody. She was still listening to the music and he felt a shudder go through his body when she walked right through someone. It seemed that when she had taken his device it had become invisible as well. It felt a little to eery for Tyson so he looked away.

Luckily, Melody didn't bother him for the rest of the day. Until they got home she stayed in her own little world. It slightly bugged him.

Why was she here again? She had never given him a clear reason for it. She didn't seem to be doing anything but following him around and being annoying at times.

Tyson huffed and told himself he was going to get some answers when they got home.

//
Word count: 530
Unedited

Frick I'm sorry. This was supposed to come out yesterday but I completely forgot aghhhh

I set a schedule and I can't even keep it but whose surprised???

Also this is crap. This is slightly a filler chapter sorta and I feel bad about that cause no one likes chapters that have no use but I didn't want to put my plan into place yet, so sorry.