Chapter 3

Those green eyes slowly open, seeing only blurry smudges as she closes them again.

Smells like..Erend.

Her eyes shot open at that thought.
She sits up, seeing that she is upstairs in a large bed. How did she get here? Erend must've carried her.
She stretches, and yawns, then stands to her feet. Her eyes meet his as she steps off the stairs.

E: "Morning Aloy."

A: "Good morning."

She sits at the table with him, watching as he hands her warm bread and something sweet to smear on it.

E: "You are leaving today right?"

A: "That's right. Probably soon too. I'd like to head out early."

She takes a bite of the bread and sweet topping. Warm, and sweet enough to make her eyes close in delight.

E: "Well, I was thinking last night, maybe I could join you?"

Aloy swallows, giving him a confused look.

A: "Why?"

E: "I would like to meet some of your people. I know you will be seeing them, the people that came to the battle against Hades."

Aloy just continues her hard, confused stare.

E: "That, and I've been in Meridian for too long now. I want to stretch my legs and get into foreign lands again."

Oddly, that seemed like a more reasonable answer than the last one.

A: "Alright Erend."

She traveled with him before, and it was actually a decent experience. He didn't hold her back. He kept up, and even made battles against large machines easier. This could be a good thing.

That's what she was telling herself anyway.

She finished up her food, and stood, gathering her bow and supplies. When she turned back, Erend was ready as well.

Sure, they probably should visit Avad first, but then he'd probably ask where Aloy ended up staying. Aloy wanted to avoid this.
Erend secretly wanted Avad to know she was in his home.

He wouldn't push his luck though. He still couldn't believe she allowed him to travel with her. The guards gave them strange looks as they trailed through town. Erend needed to tell the Vanguard he would be gone for a while, so they really had no choice but to go through the half standing city.

"Oh, it's Aloy!"

Erend groans at the sound of one of his guys. They would surely irritate him in front of Aloy.

E: "I'm leaving Meridian, heading for the Nora's sacred land. Continue your work here, the city still needs as much help as it can get."

"You're going to the Nora's land?"

"Because that's where his girlfriends from."

"Yeah, the captain has to have his alone time with her."

E: "That's enough! Why do I even bother?.."

He mutters, walking away with his fingers clench between his eyes in frustration. Aloy smirks at the vanguard before following Erend towards the gate.

The two began their journey, fighting off the many machines of the earth along the way. They stopped very little, enough to get a couple hours of sleep and eat before starting again.
After what felt like weeks, they finally reached the main gates.

The Nora men quickly pushed the gate open, and stood tall as the two stepped inside the gates.
That was new.
Though, by now, every Nora knew she was the 'anointed one' and worshiped her.

Aloy hated this.

E: "So, do you Nora ever hunt large machines?"

Aloy looks over at him, both walking in sync.

A: "Well, we have sawtooths every now and then."

E: "That's it?"

A: "Pretty much. Unless you wanna include scrappers?"

E: "Those aren't even a challenge."

Aloy chuckled to herself. The rest of their walk was spent talking about the Nora land. That was, until they reached Mothers Heart. Then the two were awkwardly silent. The gates opened and the people there were quick to praise Aloys return.

E: "Wow, they really like you now."

A: "Yeah..."

Aloy was annoyed by this, but it would never cease. Rost was right. She didn't need them, but they needed her.

"Aloy!"

The huntress froze instantly. That loud shriek was unmistakable.
She turns, seeing none-other than Teb.

T: "Aloy! You're back! I haven't seen you since our victory at Meridian."

A: "Yeah, I've been exploring. There was some unfinished business I needed to take care of."

T: "Well I'm glad you came to see us. I wasn't sure if you'd ever return."

A: "Of course Teb. You guys are my tribe after all."

Tebs blue eyes glance to Erend for just a moment, who was towering over them both.

T: "And I see you brought the captain of the Vanguard along as well."

A: "He wanted to get out of Meridian for a while. I can understand that, since I hate being in one place too long as well."

T: "Well since you're here, I have a new outfit idea, and I would love it if you would model it for me. I used the size of your Nora outfit I made, so it should fit perfectly."

A: "What does it do?"

T: "It's made from a cooler fabric to keep you from overheating and, because I knew this would benefit you, it is resistant to almost everything."

A: "That sounds impressive."

T: "Well, it's not complete quite yet, but once I make sure it's size I can add on more to it. So, what do say?"

A: "Alright Teb, where's the outfit?"

T: "All my works are in my home. You can change there."

The three walked off, finding Tebs home within mere seconds. Aloy took the outfit that was given to her and went into the other room to change.

So there sat Teb and Erend, waiting patiently.

T: "You'll enjoy this."

E: "What's that supposed to mean?"

T: "I'm not sure if she's told you this, but she saved my life when she was just a kid. I'm in love with her, but I doubt she'll ever see me in a romantic way. We're opposites, she's a hunter, and I am a stitcher. You, however, are a warrior. Not only that, but a captain. If she allowed you to travel with her it must be because she enjoys your company along her fierce adventures. So, you want her, right?"

What was this half pint talking about? He just sat here and explained that he wanted Aloy, but that she would never want him and now suddenly he's asking if he liked Aloy that way too? These Nora are all direct!

A: "Um, Teb, your outfit is lacking some fabric.."

They both looked over towards the cracked door.

The red haired girl stepped out, skin exposed. Her chest was covered, and she wore shorts underneath a traditional Nora skirt.
Other than that, she was exposed. When he said he had an outfit, she expected an outfit, not half of one.

T: "Well, this is just the early stages. Soon the outfit will be completely covered."

A: "Oh, alright."

Erend covers his face as she goes back into the room to change yet again.
Teb grins, knowing full well Erends face was redder than a corrupters eyes.