14: Rin's Story (part 3)

I ran into the forest alone. Tears were in my eyes. Eventually I lost the people who were chasing after me. I didn't care about what could happen from running, but I knew deep down that I would return sometime. When I ran out of steam from running I stopped and sat against a tree. Hugging my knees to my chest I rested. Even if I wanted to keep running and leave my thoughts and life behind it was not possible. People will get tired and there is no way to block out your own thoughts.

"I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to kill them. I just wanted them-" I stopped. What did I want? What was I wanting to do by burning down my own house. As much as I hated it. What was I going to do? 

I've got a habit now. It's no longer a casual thing, it's an addiction that I know I will never be able to escape. This sin will follow me to the grave and send me to hell. All of it will never end. The police will learn what I did, and they will come and get me. Will I be send to jail, or will they kill me. What is their punishment for murdering a parent? My parents never let me watch those murder shows because they said it would inspire conflict. I have no background information what so ever.

How was I going to eat? What will people say? Everyone in school would catch wind of it one way or another. They will all think I'm a freak, or a phycopath. Even the teachers will think the same thing. Then I got an idea. I will just burn them too. If they're dead then they can't say anything. It won't make my problem better but it's not going to worsen it. I'm already a murderer. Maybe if I burn the school and then leave the town I will start a new life. The only problem is that the cops will catch me. 

If t.v teaches us everything is that cops are very good at catching people. That I can learn from cartoons. The bad guys always lose. Ugh. This is so difficult. It's night so I might as well get some sleep. I've never slept outside without a tent before. Not to mention that I have no pillow or blanket either. So this is going to be a hard night. I better just suck it up. 

~.~

I opened my eyes in the bright sunlight. With a yawn I stretched my arms out. So, it's morning. I wonder what time. When I get to school I will find out. I just have to wait until all kids are inside. That way all of them can feel the warmth of the golden flames. That way they all feel the same pain that my parents felt. I stood and walked to where my school would be. It was pretty hard too. Since I ran from my house is a scattered pattern it was hard to know where I was. I found it though. The large prick building. Now that I think about it, brick building do not go down easily. That makes the whole thing a lot harder. I would have to go in the school with a lighter and some lighter fluid hidden.

That is what I did. Everyone was in class now. Then I went through the back doors and started to spread the fluid around the enrty, but I left a line for me to escape with. I don't want to die in a fire that I created. Plus, if I die then I would be sent to hell quicker and I am in no rush for that. With the same lighter I burned down my house I crouched down setting the flame to the floor. Then I left. The smoke detectors went off and I smiled. Feel it. Feel the pain of flames as they lick your skin gently. Find the pleasure in the whole process.

People ran out of the school like a herd of wild animals. It was strange really. They all run, but when it's a drill everyone walks. Plus, not very many people actually got burned, which really got me mad. I wanted to test them and none of them are actually dead. I face palmed. It's a brick building. Everyone would get out before the fire even reaches them. Ugh. I should have thought through this better. A hand wrapped around my forearm and I pulled the moment I felt their touch.

I turned to see a janitor. He had on a pair of jeans and gray shirt. On his belt he had a walkie talkie that matches his black shoes. Brown hair covered his head, but it was shaved short. Green eyes stared at me. He pulled the lighter fluid from my hand and I reached for it as he through it to the ground behind us. 

"Let go!" I yelled and pulled against him. His grip stayed firm regardless of the amount of energy I put into getting away. I kicked him in the knee and he fell taking me down with him. I took the lighter out of my pocket and held it next to his eye. Another person picked me up from behind. I struggled as they picked me up above the ground. I dropped the lighter to the ground. 

"Rin stop it!" my teacher ordered as she held me away from her body. I didn't listen and still fought. I played through my options and none came up. I was caught and I was not going to get away. The janitor pulled out his phone and dialled a phone number reporting me to the police for setting the school on fire. Eventually I had to stop moving. I got tired really quick by going through this whole thing. In a few minutes police showed up and I was put in the back of the car with my hands cuffed behind my back. 

As I looked back at the school students and teachers their expressions became known. Their looks of fear and distrust struck me like a fist on the gut. I didn't care anymore. They all deserved to die. My hatred just got bigger and bigger through the jail holding, the court trial, and the asylums. I always found a way to get moved to asylum after asylum whether it's attacking the theapists or killing other paitents. So my story developed like a nightmare. 

---------------------

Here is Rin's story ending. Next chapter will go back to the torturing with Dr. Amadi. Let's see how all of the people act after having t relive the days that they spent leading into the darkness.

Word Count: 1139