Three

The next day was not a good day for Kate. Her head felt extremely painful due to the hangover she had got from last night's excessive drinking and also her boss, Ireen Darel has been calling her for the past hour. Kate hates her because she's a devil sent from hell and she's constantly giving Kate a hard time. She always demand Kate to give all of her attention to her, making hard for Kate to balance her work and personal life.

'I'm sorry if I haven't answer your call earlier. I just woke up. What is it about?'

Kate typed and hit 'send'. She sighed and stretched as far as she can and felt pleased after. She was still lying on the bed, waiting for Ireen's text. Her sister was still fast asleep beside her. Rosie's snores indicated how exhausted she was from last night but in Kate's eyes, she looked perfect as always. That's the Rosie Kate knew: She would never let herself appear ugly whatever situation she may be in.

Her phone beeped and saw that it was from Ireen. It goes:

'URGENT. COME NOW.'

She rolled her eyes and slowly, she got up. She doesn't want to depart from it yet but she has no choice but to leave the most precious thing humans had ever invented, the bed. She had a feeling today will be a long day.

~○~

The moment she stepped inside Ireen's office, she had a bad feeling that her boss would ask her to do something she dread to do.

Ireen Darel is in her late 30's. If you would ask some people who works for her how she is as a boss, you'd get mixed reactions. Some would straight up say she's a bitch, other would beat around the bush or would just lie to save them from her wrath.

With her towering figure, she appears to be Slender Man's twin sister. She has bulging eyes and high cheekbones. Her lips are so thin that if she wasn't wearing her all-time favourite red lipstick, you'd think it isn't there.

Now, as Kate entered the room, she saw Ireen, tapping her red nails against the surface of her wooden table. She stopped as she stare at Kate.

"You're late."

"I'm on leave. I told you that two days ago. I'm not even supposed to be here." Kate rebutted. She took a seat opposite Ireen's direction.

"I don't care. You should always come whenever I want you to." She said.

"What do you want from me, anyway?" Kate asked.

Ireen stood up and started to walk around the room. The tight black dress that she's wearing filled her bony figure. Kate waited for her to continue as she listened to the click click of her heels.

Finally, Ireen stopped. She crossed her arms and looked directly at Kate.

"I want you to be in New York tomorrow for Fashion Week. I want you to give me the full scoop of what's hot and what's not. After fashion week, be back here and write an article about it." She ordered.

Kate sighed and shook her head. This is not what she expect. But, since this is her boss we're talking about, she should've seen this coming.

"Why do you always give me the shittiest job there is?" Kate spoke her mind. Ireen narrowed her eyes at her and she continued to stare. Kate doesn't really like cursing, but this time is an exception. Ireen has pushed her patience too far, and she could not let her do this again.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You always treat me like a beginner when in fact you know that I'm damn good at designing. Heck, you don't even let me design." Kate said.

"You must be forgetting, Kate. I'm still your boss," she said.

"So what? You told me last month that I will be the one in charge for a magazine article for this company, but what happened? At the last minute, you gave it to fucking Caroline because you think I'm not responsible enough for that? Caroline, really? She's a fucking trainee!" Kate shouted. Her head is now throbbing, as she inhaled and exhaled quickly.  

"Enough!" Ireen shouted. Her shout made Kate jump a little bit. Ireen is shaking with anger and her face is starting to turn into crimson.

"Fine, you don't want this project? Okay. I'll give you another one. But if you fuck up this one, you're fired. I will never accept you here again." Ireen said with disgust as she walked back to her black leather chair.

"What do I need to do?" Kate meekly asked. They had argued before but this is not like any other. Kate thought she had pushed a wrong button and she suddenly felt bad for cursing and shouting. She's still her boss, after all.

"I want you to go to Barcelona tomorrow evening and meet up with our ambassador. You'll have a photoshoot around Barcelona and capture the beauty of the city and of course, our clothing line." Ireen explained.

"I'm sorry, Ireen, for shouting at you and-"

"Remember, if you fuck this up, it's the end for you. I don't care if your sister is an award-winning actress and never beg for my forgiveness. That is your mistake so suffer the consequences." Ireen bitterly remarked. Kate looked down and nod slowly.

"Now, get out. You still have a flight to catch. I'll text you the details later."

~○~

"And then what happened?" Rosie curiously asked.

Kate went straight home. Thankfully, Rosie was already up and is making breakfast at the kitchen. When Kate saw her, she immediately hugged her and started to cry. Rosie was puzzled as to why her sister was crying so early in the morning. In between sobs, Kate was able to tell her sister what really went down in Ireen's office.

"Nothing. She gave me another project. We didn't spoke since the argument." She sobbed. Rosie felt sorry for her sister.

"Hey, don't worry. It's about time you stood up to that woman. She's cruel and she's been treating you like shit ever since you started working for her a couple of years ago." Rosie said. Kate nod and continued sobbing.

"But, who might be your ambassador? If I know him or her, I can probably help you out." Rosie shrugged. Kate sniffed and shook her head.

"I don't know yet. Ireen told me that she'll just text me the details." She answered.

Suddenly, her phone beeped. It was a text from Ireen. As she read the text, her eyes widened, her heart beated faster and suddenly it was hard for her to breathe.

"Rosie?" Kate spoke.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I know who the amabassador is." She stuttered.

"Who is it?" Rosie's eyes brightened up. If that person is an actor, Rosie could help her sister.

"B-b-b...."

"What, love?" Rosie asked again.

"Benedict Cumberbatch." She whispered.