Chapter 8

Sparrow stayed within the library to thoroughly search it. The mirror had provided a huge help before, so Sparrow assumed to make the best of it.

She flashed the mirror over several shelves, until a pink glint caught her eye. She approached the shelf that, behind it, hid the floating pink object before her now. Behind the destroyed and crumbling shelf was a pink balloon, drifting simply and sweetly in the wind.

Sparrow's face lit up as she reached towards it to grab the string, but when she did, a shuffle was heard. She turned and saw a book get fired from another of the shelves towards her at a deathly quick speed. She managed to dodge before books came shooting one after another at her.

"Ah! No! Stop it!!" She screamed. Several books hit her, knocking her back towards the ground, before she reached into her satchel and pulled out the sheet of paper she had retrieved from the floor of this library. With a grin, she recited the print.

Pages filled with pitch black ink. Shan't you all be made to think. From my hands you were made, by a trees old life that'd be obtained. Today you stop your flight of night. Return yourselves to know no spite.

And with that, the books seized their attacks. Sparrow got up and chuckled, she then grabbed the pink balloon and smiled.

"T-thank you S-Sparrow. Y-you saved m-me." Molly said. Sparrow smiled and tied the string to her wrist. She stuffed the page back into her satchel and continued.

Again, she held the mirror to find the others. The mirror showed nothing out of the ordinary inside the house. From the back door, a purple oval shaped item drifted still in place.

Sparrow's eyes widened and as she ran to the back door, swinging it open roughly. She held the mirror up and saw the glowing purple object located just above the flower garden. She brought the mirror down and began to approach it, the dark purple balloon blended in with the Belladonna's it hovered over.

As Sparrow reached for the string of the balloon, a sharp pain shot into her ankles. With a yelp, Sparrow stepped back and fell, thorned vines wrapping around her legs and pulling her towards a large hole dug out where the pansies once were.

"Let me go! No!!" Sparrow yelled but to no avail. She was about to reach into her satchel, when the Lillies looped their petals around the sash and snatched it off her shoulders. As the satchel hit the ground, the mirror and her remaining pair of scissors fell out of the bag. Struggling to fight back, Sparrow dug her nails into the dirt and tried to desperately crawl her way to the scissors again.

Successfully grabbing the scissors, Sparrow turned her body and snipped off the vines. The plants let out a screech as Sparrow got up to her feet and began to step on every single flower. Once each was smashed or cut, Sparrow grabbed the balloons string. It flashed a bright purple before the voices of Ivy and Violet erupted from it.

"Thank you little bird, just one remains." Both spoke out. Sparrow managed a smile as she tied the balloon's string to her wrist. She picked up the mirror from the ground and shined the lense over the remainder of the outside. She saw empty blackness with the towering shadow trees but nothing glowed out of place.

"Oh come on, I was doing so well." Sparrow sighed. A snap of a branch made Sparrow's head whip around. She saw nothing, that is, until she turned around again. Towering over her was a 10 foot giant demon. It possessed the features of Rachel and Charlie, merged together into one horrific beast.

It didn't even look human anymore, Sparrow took several steps back, holding the mirror up to her eyes. Inside it was a glowing blue object. Sparrow reached into her satchel, only to get hit forcefully by the massive claw-like hand the creature adorned.