The Beginning

Have you ever experienced to wear a pair of shoes that doesn't fit you well? But because you really like those shoes, it doesn't matter to you whether it hurts you or not. As long as you are with those shoes everything is fine with you despite of that painful feeling. But sometimes time will come that you'll get tired of the unending hurtful things that you can no longer bear the pain, and because of it you have to let go of those shoes.

It was summer 2015 when I got the wound that gave me a deep pain. Yeah it was quite bad you know. I knew from the very start that it doesn't fit me but still I chose those shoes, yeah I chose to be hurt. If you don't want to stay hurting, then get out of that painful place that you're in. True! And that was the time that I chose to let go, for the last time and for real.

Some people will come into your life to give you lesson, and so I learned.

Summer 2015, one chapter has ended yet another chapter has been opened up. And that was the time when I tell myself life must go on. Smile and be happy. Everything happens for a reason.

It was May 2015, I tried to use a dating application to make myself busy. I wanted someone to talk to. Though I have lots of friend whom I may chat with but I still want a stranger to talk with, a stranger whom I may I consider as a friend. So there it goes I went to the Play Store in my android phone, and then I typed "dating apps". There are lots of dating apps appeared on my screen which includes "Skout, Omegle, Mico, Badoo, etc." But one app caught my attention and it was "Meet Me." It may sounds very common but I don't know why I had this feeling that I still chose this app. I downloaded it and installed.

I encountered many guys there. Some were from other countries; some were from the Philippines but very far away. I couldn't find someone comfortable with for a reason that those people whom I chatted were pervert and talking non-sense. I was about to uninstall this app but when I was about to open it again a guy named "Jer" messaged me.

May 12, 2015 ; 1:36 AM

Jer : Hi (kindat emoticon)

May 12, 2015; 7:33 AM

Me : Hi

Jer : Good morning. (kindat emoticon)

Jer : Have your breakfast?

Me : Good morning. Not yet...

Me : Wer u from?

Jer : Manila.. And you?

Me : Lucena.

Me : Are u working?

Jer : Lucena Quezon?

Jer : Nope still studying. And you?

There. We asked random questions. He is from San Juan, Manila. I am from Lucena City, capital of Quezon. We are 139 kilometers away. He is a year younger than me and still studying; taking up BS Architecture. Dun pa lang sa course nya naging interesado na ako makipag-usap sa kanya. Maybe it's because Architecture is one of the courses that I dreamt of. Yes! Hobby ko kasi ang mag drawing at magdesign, kaya pinangarap ko din talaga ang Architecture na course kaso sa Private university lang dito smen meron nun eh, mahal tuition masyado so ayun, hanggang pangarap na lang siya.

I find this guy interesting because since the day we chatted I felt very comfortable with him. He seems kind and gentleman. He never asked me shit questions unlike the other guys I chatted before from that "Meet Me app".

That time, he was travelling with his mom and with his little brother going to Bicol to spend their vacation. And because data connection was weak, he asked my phone number. I used not to give my phone number to any stranger but this time my instinct told me so. So, I gave it to him and there he texted me right away. It was May 15, 2015 when we had our first conversation on our phone. I can't tell you the story how our first texting goes by because I can't remember the whole detailed anymore but one thing I can assure you, I never regret giving him my number.

He is very funny. He has a very good sense of humour. He is very caring, sweet and thoughtful. That day, we also became friends in social media, facebook. He's cute and I like his smile. He accepted me right away and he flooded me with likes on my profile pictures. He texted me and gave some compliments like "Ang cute mo. Ang ganda mo pala." Kinilig ako. Wee! Joke lang. Hehe. But, that made me smile and at the same time, I felt shy and told him that it was just in pictures because my phone is very good in taking up selfies. Yeah! You know, the power of Retrica. Hehehe. J

We also have this endearment (kung matatawag bang endearment yun). I first called him "Architect" for the reason that he is an Archi student and soon-to-be architect. He felt happy and told me that it is a nice feeling especially if it is already achieved. Since then, he called me "Teacher" of course for the reason that I am a teacher. So every time he greets me, he will message me "Good morning teacher. Good afternoon teacher. Breakfast na teacher. Kumusta teacher?" It's just normal, isn't it? Very usual but there's this feeling that I feel smiling every time I read his messages.

Today is already 2017 I did not expect that we've gone this far. I mean this is just my first time to experience to meet someone online and to befriend someone in the online world. Another thing that I still find amazing is the thing that until now we still have communication. Maybe it's because I have met a quite boy version of me. I noticed that we have lots of similarities. Yeah, we have many things in common. Yung pagiging homebody nya, yung pagbabasa, at yung kahit lalaki sya eh nanonood ng koreanovela, kalog, kwela, sweet. I just had known him in chat and text only and though I don't know him personally but I really feel comfortable talking to him. He makes me smile and he makes me laugh so hard. I like his emoticons every time we chat. Sometimes I just thinking, is he also like that in person? A guy who has lots of stories to be told? A guy who is talkative in a good way? Is he also sweet in person?

Marami na din kaming napagkwentuhan. Biruan, asaran, sweet messages telling how blessed we are for having each other, long birthday greetings, lahat. Lahat na ata ng pede naming pagkwentuhan napag-usapan na namin eh, dreams, goals in life, love life, dream wedding, ideal partner, perfect date, lahat. Ang swerte mo pag may ganito kang kaibigan. Parang dati lang hiniling ko ito kay God na sana makatagpo ako ng taong mapapagkwentuhan ko ng mga saloobin ko, someone who is new to me and He gave me this guy, a stranger who became a very friend of mine. He's truly a blessing.

Nakakatuwa syang kausap, yung tipong kahit "hehehe" nalang o "Ok. Haha." ang reply mo sa kanya meron at meron pa din syang irereply sayo at magsisimula na naman ang napakahaba niyong usapan. Masarap syang kausap. Kaya nga pag busy yun sa mga plates nyang ginagawa mejo malungkot. Mejo lang naman. Ganun naman talaga di ba pag nasanay ka na sa isang bagay? Pag biglang mejo nagbago parang maninibago ka syempre? Lalo na nung kaunahan pero ngayon naman sanay na ako pag di siya nagchachat gets ko na na marami na naman syang gawa..