CHAPTER 2: Attack

When Colin finally was able to turn his head, instead of being greeted with a silent campsite which had been raided he felt drips of sweat drop on his face, and the smell of rotten meat. There was a man's face peering right into his, with two other men behind him, looking suspiciously.
"Well then, who do we have here?" the man asked proudly, it was clear he was enjoying the confrontation, "I mean, Poison Ivy? This is the best place you could hide?" He scoffed, "there is literally a path right there! You could have escaped easily; it's people like you that make this ever-decreasing population decrease." He wiped the sweat from his forehead, his clothes and dirty, brown hair were drenched and it looked like he was in bad shape, "We don't like people like you."

Colin stuttered, "S-s-Sir? Yo--"
"Shut up, I don't care what you have to say, get up and come with us," he revealed a shiny, sharp hunting knife from his jeans, "or else".
Suddenly a blood curdling scream comes from behind, one so loud, the birds that lay hidden in the treetops fluttered off.
The sounds of footsteps from one of the men grew quieter as he scurried off, he was obviously more focused on himself than the others and just wanted to escape.
The mysterious man, startled, quickly rotates one hundred and eighty degrees, to see one of the two men being mauled by a large, black, quadruped with a thick layer of spiky fur.
"Holy shit! Pete!" the man shouted, "Hold on, just hold on". It was clear the man was struggling and was in a predicament on what to do. He stood in an offensive stance, blade in one hand, clenched fist in the other. Pete, whom'st've had been a bit on the chubbier side for a survivor with no food, stood no chance. The creature tore all of his limbs off, ripping the flesh straight from the bone, this was unlike any creature Colin had ever seen, or even read about.
Once the creature had finished with Pete, it raised it's head, and looked at the mysterious man; it's eyes completely white, no life, no pupils, no reflection, the eyes were just pure, colourless white.
Foam convoluted from the creatures mouth, dripping onto the unrecognisable corpse of what used to be Pete.
It's fur stuck on ends, teeth as pointy as a freshly sharpened blade and growling that was as maniacal as a tiger cross lawnmower.
It pounced towards the man;
"I'll kill you! You son of a bitch!"
Colin couldn't bear to look, he turned his head over and closed his eyes, all he could hear were desperate screams and ferocious growls.
Within minutes, it went silent, the sounds of the living once again disappeared into the trees, leaving a lifeless, dead sense to the world.