Before I Break

Ajax is absolutely furious after the "date" with Adan

Ajax is absolutely furious after the "date" with Adan. I'm allowed to leave unless I was in arm's length of him and if my friends want to hang out, they have to come over to my house. Friends meaning everyone but Adan and Dana. It it awful.

He even followed me to work for a week so when Adan tried to visit there he would start a scene causing him to leave. Oh yeah, did I mention he took away my device? That meant no more online messages with anyone.

Ajax thinks that Dana is annoying but he trusts her way more than Adan. Dana is more responsible than you might think. She is very serious in everything she does. Surprising I know right?

She is constantly busy being in many advanced classes, captain of the girls Zap Ball team, hanging out with the general population, and of course, just being Dana. So how could Ajax resist how good of a kid she is?

I can't believe it's been two weeks since we've seen each other. You may think that it's not much, but now Adan and Dana only has about two weeks left until his fate gets checked. The idea of it just freaks me out.

Before Ajax took my device I managed to text Dana and ask how her and Adan are. When I asked Dana about Adan she says he misses me but doesn't want to admit it. Luckily, school starts up again today. I will finally get to see him and maybe even finally finish up what we started last time.

I look in the mirror to once again observe myself for the first day back to school. I'm wearing a tan leather jacket with a white t shirt tucked into some dark wash jeans and brown booties. Honestly, if I let Dana help me she could have come up with much better. Correction, if Dana was here to help me she could come up with something so much better.

"C'mon Zara!" Ajax screams from outside of the house, "We don't have all day."

I grab my backpack on my way out of the house and step out onto the patio, "I can walk myself to school you know? I'm not some lost puppy who has no idea where it is."

He rolls his eyes and starts walking next to me, "That's the problem Za, you're smart and if I let you walk to school alone I'm 99.9% sure you'll run off to great ol' Adan and do something stupid." The mention of his name causes me to tense up, but I don't show Ajax that his words affect me.

"You do know that I'm going to school right?" He looks at me with a clueless glisten in his eyes. "Adan goes to school too, and Dana, and most of the high school population." His feet stop on the gravel and he looks up at me starting to say something, "You might as well stop following me because I'm 99.9% sure you can't stalk me on school grounds!" I continue to walk away without Ajax by my side. Winning the argument put a little pep in my step.

****

Rait High School is beautiful and clean, yet deep inside you'll find a hundred miserable student. Rait High is exactly on the border of Rait and Byon so it is refreshing to see a change, even if that change involves piles of homework.