Chapter 79

Scared to the core she embraced him tightly in his arms not letting him go "I am scared Prithvi, I can't lose you this time"

Prithvi kissed her hair "Nothing will happen, you trust me Veni"

Not long enough did this happen, the love deepened with every passing second. This was the time when the darkness spread its wings above all, fearing every minute will not help this time. Veni was prepared for this but the moment she opened her eyes the mist was gone, sky was clear welcoming the new season...

The dark clouds left the sky. She smiled looking at him, still wondering why the witch would leave them so easily.

The spark of their love spread all over the room and they smiled looking at each other.

The strength of their love and yearning has made the evil fall away.

"See I told you" Prithvi whispered in her ear

She smiled and hugged him tighter... "I love you"

-------------------------------

Sometimes we are not aware of the evil around us...it does show us as if everything is normal, but the lives, the behaviour, the atmosphere never remains usual.

While walking back home from the tea estate Veni lost her way towards the main road. She recalled parking the car on the road near the manger's house but now the road was nowhere to be seen...

Helplessly she wandered around when her eyes fell on an old woman

"Hello, I have lost my way. Could you please tell me the way to the main road" Veni politely asked the fragile old lady who was standing near the huge tree with a stick in her hand....

Smilingly the lady looked into Veni's beautiful eyes "wrong or right, you have to walk on both paths your highness"

Veni curiously watched the old lady recalling the last two words "your highness?"

"Yes, your highness Queen Satyabhama" she said and vanished making Veni wonder if the evil was still surrounding her... horrified at the old lady who just vanished in front of us she tried to relax herself and walk.

"You cannot escape, you have to die"

She turned around at the eerie sound whooshing in her ear...

"Who are you? What do you want?" Veni yelled back not getting scared anymore...

Loud spooky laughs were heard from everywhere making her run from in between the trees....

After almost running for few minutes she finally found her way to the main road...running was easy but escaping from evil again was absolutely impossible. Veni knew the evil was keeping an eye on her but who was the old lady and what does she want, why did she addressed her Satyabhama... there was more to this... much more.

She knocked at the door...

Kamla opened the door staring at Veni...

"Kamla...you took so long...get aside" she said and rushed to her room...

She quickly dialled his number "Prithvi, please pick up the phone" she shouted

"Satyabhama" the eerie voice again went in her ears and she turned around to see Kamla standing with a cup of coffee in her hand...

"Kamla...what did you just said..."

"What you just heard" Kamla said and laughed aloud then shrieked making her hair go open...

Veni screamed looking at her, her face full of scars with blood in her eyes.

"You cannot escape me" Kamla shouted...

Veni knew Kamla was possessed and she was in danger, she quickly opened the door and escaped out. There was no other way before she thought about Sarita. Without thinking much she started running towards Sarita's house.

She was missing Prithvi, she knew if he was with her...she wouldn't have faced such a problem....

"Sarita aunty" she knocked at the door.... "Open please"

Sarita opened the door "Veni..."

"She wants to kill me aunty" Veni said huffing, unable to breathe anymore...

Sarita could feel the danger "you go inside..."

The window panes kept shuttering while Sarita tried to lock the door and the windows from inside... her old frame slowly moved from one window to another but soon she could her some noise at the back of the house. Sarita cold sense the danger inside her house now. She knew that the evil is in her own house...

She tried to walk till the small temple to open the door when Kamla stood in front of her with scars all over her face, no wonder that was not Kamla but it was the evil that possessed her...

"Leave her body, what has she done?" Sarita asked...

Sarita could hear the laughs, she could then sense the evil... "What do you want?"

"I want Satyabhama"

Sarita picked up the holy water from the temple and threw it on Kamla who fainted instantly.

Veni knew it wasn't Kamla, instead Padmavati used Kamla's body and tried to kill her..

Sarita looked at nervous Veni "you don't have to be scared Veni..."

"But Aunty...she's so dangerous and..."

"No, if she's dangerous, you have the power to face the danger. You just have to know your supremacies..." Sarita picked up the black thread from the temple

"I want you to always wear this, until this is in your arm she won't be able to harm you."

Veni looked at the black beads on the thread "I don't know how these can protect me. I think I must go back, Prithvi must be on the way."

"Just remember one thing Veni, she won't be able to kill you because your spirit is not scared of her..." Sarita smiled embracing her in her arms...

------------------------

While walking down the valley Veni was still not believing what Sarita had told her but she knew that Padmavati wanted to kill her.

why does she want to kill her, Veni still had no answer to her questions... why was the spirit of Padmavati still haunting her. Life after life she was facing this... but after all she must know the answers to her questions... who will tell her? How will she get to know?

"Chandni...you'll get these answers in our house"

Veni turned around to see... "Who is it?"

Out of a sudden she saw someone standing in milky white dress from top to bottom... slowly the mist disappeared and she could see her...

"Mom...." Veni couldn't believe Meenakshi standing in front of her... no wonder she was the spirit who telling her something she had been searching for....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------