Chapter 1

~Flashback 1861~

    Stiles was walking through a small village called 'Mystic Falls' alongside his brothers Niklaus and Elijah. 

     "I don't understand why you two continue to bicker over that girl." Stiles shook his head, his brothers turned and looked at him. "She's beautiful, and Niklaus knows i was the one to see her first." Elijah glared at Nik before continuing. "You knew i planned to court her." Niklaus rolled his eyes opening his mouth to speak but was cut off by Stiles's voice. "I don't really care, I along with our siblings are quite tired of hearing you two fight over a girl who will die anyhow." Nik and Elijah growled under their breaths causing Stiles to roll his eyes at their acts. 

    "Im going to look for Rebekah." With that Stiles walked off leaving the two elder brothers alone. 

     As Stiles was walking through the village he spotted a gorgeous woman who was struggling to carry two baskets full of food. Walking over with a soft smile he stopped in front of the girl who looked up at him with the most beautiful green eyes he has seen. "Hello miss, looks like you could use some help." He nodded towards the baskets, the woman blushed with a nod. Stiles reached down grabbing both baskets from her hands. 

     "Thank you..." She trailed off not knowing the mystery mans name. "Mieczysław, but please call me Stiles." She smiled nodding. "Thank you Stiles, you're very kind." The woman responded. "It's my pleasure." Stiles stated as they stopped in front of a small house. "My name is Emilina, would you like to come inside?" She asked with a soft smile looking up at him, he nodded accepting her invitation into her home. 

   The two entered her home and he sat the baskets down on a small table. "You're a very beautiful woman Emilina" Stiles spoke up. "Thank you Stiles." She blushed tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

     "You're quite handsome yourself." Stiles smiled softly towards her, he may have found his mate. 

-Skip 1 year- 

     Stiles and Emilina have grown quite close of this year they've known each other, he would come and see her every day, and each day their connection would grow stronger and stronger. Soon he made plans to ask her to marry him, he was walking to her small house when he saw an angry man storming out with a crying Emilina following close behind. "Papa!" She cried, concerned Stiles hurried towards her. 

    "Emilina, what's wrong?" He asked softly with worry lacing his words. She looked up at him with blood shot eyes from crying, but he noticed a bruise upon her cheek.
   "What happened?" He asked angrily. "My father wasn't happy when hey found out about you." She whispered, Stiles glared in the direction the man went, wanting so bad to find him and make him pay for hurting his Emilina.

    "Come with me." He said turning back looking at her. "Where?" Emilina asked with furrowed eyebrows, eyes swimming with confusion. "Anywhere, let's run away from Mystic Falls." Emilina didn't look so sure as she stared into his eyes for a moment before whispering. "Okay." He grinned leaning down softly kissing her cheek. "I will be back at dusk." He promised her, she nodded as he slowly let her hands go. "I love you Emilina." He told her, she bit her lip holding back her smile. "I love you Mieczyslaw." 

     With that he turned and left sight, allowing her to go back into her home, neither of them realizing Niklaus was listening to the two of them from a distance. 

-Dusk- 

      Stiles was walking back towards Emilina's house when he smelled blood. Vamp speeding into her home he abruptly stopped when he seen Emilina's body laying in a pool of blood with her heart next to her. Dropping to his knees Stiles felt a tear roll down his face followed by many more until he heard a voice behind him. "Right on time brother." Stiles snapped his head toward the voice and seen Niklaus standing there with a blood soaked hand. 

     Vamp speeding to him, Stiles slammed him against the wall. "You killed her!" He screamed sounding as if he was in pain. 

   "Indeed I did." Niklaus shrugged his brother off him shoving him across the room making Stiles his the wall opposite to him. Stiles was breathing heavily. 

     "How could you do this?" Stiles asked in a pained whisper, Klaus looked at his younger brother. "Can't have you running away from your family with a petty human now can we?" Niklaus replied with a smirk as he wiped Emilina's blood off his hand with a handkerchief. 

     Stiles slowly looked up from Emilina's body to his brothers face seeing his smirk, with a clenched jaw the younger Mikaelson vamp sped to Klaus and snapped his neck. 

     Bending down slowly he picked up Emilina's body with a pained cry, vamp speeding into the woods where he gently laid her body down, brushing a strand of her strawberry blonde hair out of her face. Softly using his other hand he brought it up to her face and slowly closed her eyes while tightly squeezing his shut. 

    Standing back up Stiles collapsed into a tree that was behind him, breathing heavily he clutched his chest, the pain of losing his soulmate too much. So he did what he thought was best to do, he flipped the switch.