Chapter 8: Candy Blizzard

After many days of no wind, no clouds, no weather. A storm had hit making the days chores impossible. The warriors would leave camp earlier and get back later then they should. No cat had cought any prey making it hard to feel satisfied. Most Elders had stayed in there den refusing to come out for anything.

Stormpaw sat in the den looking at the whispering Applepaw. She was saying stuff into Ivypaw's ear. Willowpaw listening in. Suddenly Stormpaw heard one word that set her off. "Traitor!" Stormpaw burst out into the clearing. She ran out of camp with Branchpaw behind her.

She tried to stay on top of the snow, and for the most of her running she did. She got all the way to the Stream Clan boarder before stopping. She sat on the log the screached across the river below. Behind her she could hear Branchpaw coming up. "Stormpaw," he called as he reached her!

Stormpaw looked back at him her eyes full of furry and aggression. "I just!- I needed sometime to think... She is spreading lies about us," she meowed.

Branchpaw sighed "ya she is, but oh well! You didn't see Featherpaw listening. She was grooming her fur in her moss bed." Branchpaw walked up to Stormpaw and nuzzled her fluffy fur.

She purred "Thank you Branchpaw. Your right." Stormpaw looked around to see the darkening sky. "The storm! I think another wave is coming. We should head back before-" there was a suddenly gust of wind and Stormpaw went flying toward the edge of the log.

Branchpaw stood only to have hos fluffy fur get cought and him to follow. The two cats had there claws gripped into the bark for the smooth tree.

It is just like the dream I had! Stormpaw thought to her self as she dangled, Branchpaw yowling for help!

Stormpaw could feel her self slipping and see Branchpaw slipping. "Help," she yowled into the forest!

Stormpaw prepared her self to fall, but never did. Instead she went up. She opened her eyes to see a cat holding her. Stormpaw quickly glanced to see Branchpaw safly in the jaws of a cat.

They leaped away and started heading into the forest, and into Stream Clan tarritory. Stormpaw had fallen s a sleep leaving Branchpaw lonely.

At Stream Clan camp

Stormpaw woke up in an familiar place. The den was dark and cold she looked at Branchpaw who was looking outside at something. "Branchpaw were are we," she asked getting up. Branchpaw looked over at her "Stream Clan."

He leaped over and nuzzled her. "We though you were going to Star Clan," he meowed tears filling in his eyes!

Stormpaw nuzzled him back "I didn't die! I was just... a little cold." Branchpaw nuzzled her as muchas he could. Stormpaw smiled "I'm fine! I'm fine... please stop worrying. Right now we need to get back to Moon Clan."

A voice from behind them sounded and the two of them jumped.

Stormpaw spun around to see Maplestar. "Hello. I was wondering why your in my Tarritory," she hissed getting into both there faces! Branchpaw coward back "the blizzard- it... and we..."

Stormpaw moved in front of him looking at the leader. "The blizzard pushed of off the cliff and two of your warriors saved us. I guess they brought us here," she mewed, trying to sound confident. Maplestar turned away "Sootleaf will take you home," she hissed walking from the den!

After a long while a car stepped in. "Let's go," she meowed. The she cat looked almost just like Maplestar just younger and with out scars. Branchpaw and Stormpaw followed her to the lake bed.

Sootleaf leaped onto the lake and unshithed her claw. "Come on it isn't that hard, if the ice cracks freeze and safly move," she meowed as she started to walk.

Branchpaw took a step and then another, he moved very slowly. Stormpaw walked behind, her claws unshithed. She looking up to see how far it was. Her fur brisled seeing how far. Only a little bit more.

Branchpaw tried to move faster and slid. "No," he hissed sliding past Sootleaf! Stormpaw leaped forward trying to reach him.

Sootleaf grabbed Branchpaw and started to move faster. "Come on you two! I don't have all day," she meowed leaping across. Stormpaw ran trying to keep up.

When they all got across Sootleaf set Branchpaw down and kept walking. She didn't look very happy.

Stormpaw looked around then moved in close to Branchpaw. "Hey so.. The other night I saw us in the blizzard, and that we found a kit. They were in the blizzard like us and crying," she mewed glancing around.

Branchpaw looked up at Sootleaf who was minding her own business. "So you think it's around here?" Stormpaw nodded and looked around.

Suddenly Stormpaw heard the faint sound of a mew. "Ya... there out here," she mewed looking around. Stormpaw split away from Sootleaf and Branchpaw. She headed toward the mews.

The two of them followed close behind. "Kit make what ever your doing fast," Sootleaf hissed! Her tail flicked wildly.

Stormpaw could make out the figure of a cat laying down. She bounded over, but Sootleaf got there first. "She has a kit," she called looking back at Stormpaw.

Stormpaw looked at the kit. It was the one in her dream. "Thanks them! That's the kit from the dream," she mewed, in surprise! Stormpaw leaped back when the mother cat made a noise.

"Take my kit take Candykit," she hissed rolling to look at them. "Please! He will die. Take him with you so he will-" she went limp and her head fell on the ground.

Sootleaf looked her body still. She nudged the limp body, she was dead. Sootleaf looked at the young kit who was making small mewing noises of sadness.

"Well... let's take them to your camp, see what we can do with Candykit? And this rouge," she meowed picking up the limp body.

Branchpaw picked up Candykit and the group started back.

Before they could reach the entrance to camp, they were stopped by Halfwish, Fallenstride, and Dawnsky.

Dawnsky hissed and lashed her tail at the calm Sootleaf. "Why are you here in Moon Clan tarritory! With a dead cat," she spat getting into the queens face! Dawnsky had a aggressive look on her face, then made Stormpaw and Branchpaw's fur pricle.

Fallenstride looked at the two apprenties. "Get inside camp-" she paused looking at the kit, then in a deep voise. "Now!" She looked back at Sootleaf.

Stormpaw and Branchpaw rushed into camp, then to the nursery. The cats all looked at her and some even sighed at the sight of another kit.

"Let me see," Poppynose hissed! She set the young Tom next to the others and he snuggled in.

The nights were cold and days grew into nice days. The forest had cooled and the skys had clears for days. All the cats now had long fur for the cold season.