Chapter One - That Night

Disclaimer: This is the second book of the series TALES. You do not need to read the first book to understand what's going on, but sorry if you do get confused in the beginning. I highly recommend you do not read the first book, since it's a first draft and horribly written in my opinion, though you are welcome to, just be aware. Also, sorry about the new cover right now, it looked fine on my screen but on the website I don't think it really shows.

Chapter One - That Night

Never had I thought I'd be in this situation. I'd thought I would win, I'd get the guy and Coral would be the one to be heartbroken and hurt.

"...Now you have no one but yourself. You're all alone now, and no one is afraid of you anymore." Flotsa stared into my eyes coldly and confidently.

Oh so now all of a sudden she gets the courage to tell me face-to-face?

I noticed soon enough that most of the kids in the gym had started to go behind Coral. I looked at each of their faces and saw nothing but hatred, all towards me. It felt awful, and felt similar to something she once told me.

"You are worth nothing!" she screeched at me. "You have no one to blame but yourself."

She was right, is right, now that I see how these people really feel.

A tiny bit of fear clouded my mind, mostly towards the sudden memory that caused me so much pain. Another part of that fear came from what the student body would do to me. Teenagers aren't exactly the most nicest when it came to people who disappointed them and disgust them, and with their new found confidence, I'm pretty sure the humiliation will be worse than what I could imagine. The feelings all of a sudden disappeared as quickly as it came, an internal battle going on inside me as to whether or not to show my emotions to everyone, as their stares bored into my eyes.

Then I thought of my dear friends Flotsa and Jetsa. They have been my closest friends since forever, and they know what I have been through, the expectations put on me, on top of the horrifying experiences. Now, they simply turned on me with ease, making me think deeply on whether or not they were actually my friends.

Of all people, it had to be them, my two closest friends.

Guilt and pain soon took over me, and it was too much to bare. I allowed one single tear to fall, and I ran out of the gym, not caring much about my soon-to-be-blistered feet as I ran in my heels. When I got outside I slid down the wall, and waited for the doors to close to do anything. The doors closed, and an uproar of cheers came from inside, knowing it was them thinking they had finally brought down the 'queen bee.' I could never blame all of them for hating me for how I acted, it was just always expected of me, from her.

"I suggest you do as I say from now on. Your father has died, but I am legally in charge of you, though I would rather have gotten rid of you the first chance I got." She spat at me, circling around me, watching me like a vulture.

I got up from the ground, and went to walk over to where my car was, when I saw someone sitting far away. I walked slowly up to that person, and recognized Eric right away.

"Hey," I said, smiling slightly.

"I don't want to hear it Ebony, you can save yourself the trouble. I'm not exactly proud of what you did." I sat down beside him, leaving a good two feet of space between us.

"Listen, I am sorry for all that's happened. After what happened inside there, I realized I made a mistake." I said.

"You now just realized?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.