Chapter Five - Hunting

So funny thing guys, I thought I had to end the last chapter like I did, and I found out I wasn't suppose to end it like that. Well, anyways, I'll continue that nice little conversation here and then go with what I planned for. Tell me how you like Mystery Guy's name too. His last name took me forever to find and you'll find out why if you check the meaning of his last name and remember something from the first book, which I highly doubt you'll remember. The ending to this chapter probably wasn't a good one, but eh. I got tired of trying to write this chapter. Sorry it took me a while though.

As always, Vote, Comment, Follow, do whatever you want! <3

Chapter Five - Hunting

We finally came to the end of our conversation, and this pleasant silence took over, and we didn't even have to talk at all to enjoy the moment. I watched some snow fall onto the balcony, filling up all the dull grey spaces of the concrete. I checked the time on my phone, and realized that I'd soon have to go back to the hotel room to be with Sylvia I stood up slowly, and Mystery Guy soon followed.

"I have to go, my step-mother will wake up soon, and I need to be there for the hangover clean-up," I explained.

He breathed out, "Well, alright, I'll guess I'll see you around?"

He stood awkwardly in front of me, and I couldn't help but bite my lip. He was just that adorable.

"Yeah," I had started backing away. "By the way, you never told me your name."

He chuckled lightly, "It's Parker, Parker Cooney." I nodded and found my way out of the balcony.

The whole way back to the hotel room, I couldn't stop the smile that seemed permanently etched on my face. Parker, gosh it's wonderful to say his name, and I seemed to click, though I'm not sure in which way. I can usually get ahead of myself, so maybe I was making something out of nothing. Though I don't think the way I feel light-headed and constantly bumping into people on the way back to Sylvia is just something in my head.

The only person that can always ruin my perfect mood would always have to be Sylvia. An example I can give is one that's about to happen; I walked into the hotel room with Sylvia still in the position I left her a half hour ago. I decided to go to sleep, since it seemed like Sylvia wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. I just put an alarm on my phone with the vibration on so I could wake up earlier than the alarm and make sure Sylvia isn't disturbed.

I felt the vibration of my phone underneath me and turned it off as fast as I could. Sylvia was still asleep, except that she was laying down in a new position. I stared up at the ceiling for a few minutes, making sure last night wasn't just a dream. Sylvia waking up startled me from my thoughts, as she got up, took some aspirin, and went for the bathroom without so much as a hello. I heard the phone finally ring, and I answered and thanked the reception man for giving the wake-up call. Sylvia walked out with a towel wrapped around her head and another covering her body, and watched me closely.

"Pack up everything, we're leaving," She spoke.

I stared at her quizically, and watched as she grabbed some clothes from her suitcase and walk back to the bathroom.

"Did you not hear me? I said pack up."

"I heard you, it's just we still have another day here, don't you want to-"

"I said we're leaving Ebony so do whatever you need. I'm tired of this place now and it's best to go home early. My old self can't really take it anymore." She closed the door behind her as she entered the bathroom.

I packed up the little I brought out, and headed down to the lobby. The man who had called us was standing behind the desk and eagerly greeted me.

"Ms. Winther, good morning, and where is Ms. Kent?" He searched around the lobby behind me. He was most likely afraid of Sylvia.