4

"I'm so sorry for you beautiful, I promise there will be someone out there who will love you. Much more than he ever did,"

"But he made me feel special. He told me I was strong but he didn't believe it because he gave in on me." I cried as Sarah hugged me tightly.

We were sat in one of the rooms with the sofas again. She didn't have anywhere to go either so she and some of the other girls who couldn't remember their past were staying here. Me included.

It was strange seeing Sarah without all the thick makeup and the beehive in her hair. Here she sat completely natural faced with her hair just falling gently over her shoulders, messily parted to the left.

It was like a different person yet she still had the loving heart she always had done. Now we were free we were all extremely different people. However our stories would always connect us along with our tattoos.

Of course after trying to escape mine was no longer a strike. Just a huge black box covering my back. I knew it would be so expensive to remove and because it was so big and bold, possibly impossible.

"If he's been told you're dead, he wouldn't have any hope." She soothed as she hugged me tightly.

Sarah's hugs were one of the only things that got me through the living hell. She always gave warm hugs that made me feel loved. Yet I wanted joes hugs because they were the one thing that made me feel safe. They were Ellie's now though not mine.

"Even worse, his girlfriend was called Ellie!" I sobbed.

"Ouch," she gasped. She knew the pain I had been through with Craig and she understood how much the name ellie stabbed me in the heart.

We had only been out of there for 48 hours but it felt like the original me could never return no matter how hard I tried. I wasn't the original me unless I had joe.

"I'm sorry," I cried into Sarah.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because you've got enough of your own problems you don't need me crying and talking about mine,"

"Honey, you're all I've got. You're my best friend and that's what I need to do for you because I know you would do the same. Don't be sorry, I'm happy you want me to be there for you because it's the first person ever that really shows care towards me."

"How long were you down there?" I asked her, breaking from her hug and wiping my tears.

"All I know is I've been down there longer than I've been up here. I was young, really young, before I even knew what love was. And I was forced into it, forced to do something I didn't understand. So I went along with it. I was the first down there."

My heart ached. Sarah didnt know her family and here I was making out I was the victim. She had suffered the most. She didn't have any idea where to go or who to turn to.

"So what do you do now?" I asked her.

"I become a charity case I suppose. I've got no home to go to or people to go to so I'll go to a homeless place or something and they'll sponsor me because I'm a victim. I wonder if there's any point."

"Don't be stupid!" I shouted. "You can't do that! You can come and live with me."

"Honestly Kim, I couldn't be that much of a burden."

"No Sarah, I couldn't live with myself knowing that had happened to you. And who knows maybe one day you can re connect with your family again and meet them?" I smiled through tears.

I noticed Sarah welling up with tears. She looked ready to burst at any second.

"Thank you so much Kim. No one had ever been this nice to me," then she started crying.

We were both sat on the worn down sofa bawling our eyes out and hugging each other. We were emotional wrecks.

But at least I knew I wasn't alone anymore.