9

I could hear the wind whistling against the windows. Something I was not yet used to. I hadn't had a window in my bedroom for a long time.

I tightening the grip on my duvet and held it tight. Feeling a little safe yet a little scared. I wished I was lay beside Joe, but that wouldn't happen. Never ever again.

When I was lay beside Joe, I had a feeling of safety. However now that feeling was all saved for Ellie. It wasn't like I wasn't used to being alone, it was just a different kind of alone now.

The worst part was I was all alone. Mom had gone out because she had "business" matters yet I didn't dare to ask what these were. I was too scared. I needed to sort my own life out first and then hers.

My curtains were still open but my blinds were only half shut so I could vaguely make out what was going on below.

I lay there thinking. I couldn't explain how many things were running through my head. I had left all of the girls at the station. How selfish could I be?

They had no where to go and I was here living my previous life with everything back to normal- or at least as close as it could've been.

They were probably really scared. I would be if I were them. They couldn't remember their family or anyone to go to so how could they return where they belong?

As I submerged deeper into the black hole of my mind, a noise startled me from outside. At this I was quite scared. I had nothing to fear but my heart told me different.

I stepped up out of my bed and glanced out of the window down into the back garden. There was no one there. The cat peacefully strolled along the back lawn in the moonlight and not another sign of life was visible.

The swing set gently blew back and forth and the trees gently swayed in the wind as the whistling continued up against my window.

I clambered back into bed and lay down gripping onto the duvet tightly to keep me safe. After about five or so minutes I heard another noise however this time it sounded as though it was in the house. My hands trembled and shook as I was so scared. I didn't know what could've been down there.

I clutched even tighter onto the duvet as I heard several noises, bangs and clatters, some like footsteps others like objects falling over.

There was someone downstairs.

Without noticing, a tear fell down my face. I realised I was crying. I was so frightened, I couldn't go through all that again. I couldn't take it.

Maybe mom was home?

The thought clicked into my head and suddenly I felt relief. I stopped crying and mopped up my face. I wasn't alone, it was just mom coming home.

I wanted to see her, I wanted a hug. I needed a hug to make me feel safe.

Quickly I slipped on my dressing gown and slippers and ran downstairs and headed into the kitchen where all the noise was coming from.

I swung the door open to reveal a figure digging through one of the draws and quickly I realised this wasn't my mom.

I gasped. I couldn't help it. I tried to stay quiet but I was shocked. The figure turned round only to reveal a face I knew all too well.

One I didn't want to see again, ever.

"Hello Kim,"