Chapter 1: Poetic

Lori's Point Of View

"Here's to a friendship that won't end." All of us wore our smile as if our lives aren't really in the edge of falling apart.

Hindi namin matago sa isa't isa yung sayang dala ng gabing ito. All of us in Peyton's house, Maybe destiny finally realized that we needed some time to forget all of our burdens.

Lumapit sa'akin si Chloe, She was the it girl of this town but ofcourse, Everyone gets to have conflicts in their story.

"You know what? If ever i'll die any moment now, I'll accept it. Everyone are created by ashes and maybe to ashes, We shall return." I shake my head, I know Chloe and i know if something's wrong. It's not a typical thing for friends who are worried to . Lahat kami ay nangako, Walang sinuman ang hindi magpapakatotoo, All of us thought that lies are pathetic and lies can bring danger into our lives.

"Chloe, Kung may problema ka alam mong puwede mong sabihin saakin. Haven't we made a decision not to befriend the option of killing ourself just because of these problems?" Tuluyan ng tumulo ang luha niya and i couldn't blame her so instead i gave her a hug.

"Life is such a bitch." She whispered, Alam naming hindi pa namin dapat iniintindi yung mga problema namin sa buhay, But maybe if we haven't thought about our problem, None of us will be in here, That's why our friendship was made, These problems are what's keeping us strong and i won't let any of it destroy us.

→→

Apparently, She was right.

"Life surely is a bitch, I should've talked to her about this. Dapat mas pinatatag ko yung loob niya."

"Shh, Lori, Wala kang kasalanan sa nangyari. Her grave might just be her bed for her to rest. All of us knew that this was possible to happen, Maybe she couldn't afford any of these anymore." I pierced my eyes through Thomas'. He was the only treasure i have in my stucked up world. Siya yung laging nag papaalala sakin na hindi ko kailangang umiyak palagi, There will be times that smiling would fit in and most of it was being with him. He held my hands and kissed my forehead.

"Just promise me, Never do such thing. I can't afford to lose you, You're the only best thing that ever happened into my life." I smiled and i wiped my tears, If ever i'll be on edge of that moment, Sasabihin ko sa sarili ko kung ano yung mga bagay na maaiwanan ko sa mundong to and that'll be more than enough to stop me.

It was just about time for Peyton to come, Halatang halata sa mga mata niya kung gaano kasakit yung nararamdaman niya ngayon. Mapapaisip ka kung ikaw yung nasa posisyon ni Peyton, Your life was already sad enough so why make it worse with this?

Agad kaming lumapit ni Thomas sa kaniya and Thomas gave him a hug to comfort him and i did the same.

"Maybe she really needs a rest. I hate myself dahil hindi ko nagawang ibigay sa kaniya yun. Hindi ko nagawang ibigay sakaniya yung kailangan niyang pahinga mula sa pasakit na dala ng pesteng tatay niya. His dad was a jerk, I want to punch him hard in the face to make him realize that he had just lost a precious gift in his life and i want him to regret all of this. Just look at that bastard" Tumulo narin ang luha ni Peyton, Lahat kami ay napatingin sa kung saan nakaupo ang tatay ni Chloe.

He was just sitting there as if nothing happened, Well he knew that he was the reason of this.

Chloe told me, Nahuli niyang nakikipag usap ang tatay niya sa isang drug user.

She confronted him and she didn't get answers, Instead she got bruises.

"Just calm yourself Peyton, Atleast be calm for Chloe. You did your best to make her feel loved, Naramdaman niya kung gano mo siya kamahal. Hindi niya lang talaga kinaya, You were her rope to climb up the mountain of her happiness but all of us know that it was her dad that made her slip."
Alam kong ayaw rin ni Chloe na magkagulo sa lamay niya kaya pinagaan ko nalang ang loob ni Peyton. All of us stand up for the priest's blessing. Ever since i met her and i became friends with her, told myself that i'll be her guardian but i failed her, Hindi ko siya napigilan na gawin yung maling desisyon.