Chapter 2

Today I was determined to get my life back on track. Yet,it still took a great deal of energy to get out of bed,and try to look decent after a long time,because I didn't really take care of myself these past few slow,painful days. Even though I had no idea where (Y/n) was at the moment,I decided that I should hang around her favourite restaurant.

Trouble was,she would only visit the restaurant once or twice a month,sometimes not at all. I guess I'll be paying that restaurant daily visits,until I meet up with (Y/n). My life is not complete without her.

Throwing on a faded black hoodie and a pair of blue jeans and sneakers,I hiked outside,pulling the hood over my head to hide my brown messy hair. And even though the sky was grey,the dim brightness of the sky would hurt my eyes so much to the point that they would water.

I slouched as I walked,hands shoved in the pockets of my jeans. The restaurant was quite far,but I didn't really care. Even though I wanted (Y/n) back,I'm not sure she wants me. But I'm going to get through to her,no matter what.

Alot of people who walked past me wore a concerned expression. Some just took one look and walked away as quickly as they could. I prayed that will not be (Y/n)'s reaction when she sees the state which I am in. I've changed alot since that faithful day.

I hung my head low,and began to walk slower. I thought there wasn't any one nearby,just when I bumped into a male. I apologised before raising my head,to see a very shocked Iwa-chan.

"Oikawa... Is that you?" He asked,eyebrows raised. "Yeah" I croaked,since I haven't talked in a while. "You look like something the cat dragged in!" He exclaimed,grabbing my shoulders. I just stared blankly at him,unable to reply. "And I heard about you and (Y/n)... I'm so sorry about that" his expression softened. My heart began to ache again,as if someone thrusted a dagger through my chest. I looked away. Couldn't face him.

"If that is why you're like this-let her go" he said with a dead serious voice. "There are plenty of fish in the sea"
How I hated that line. "Besides,we need you back on the court... We're getting a little frail without you" he sighed,letting go of my shoulders. It was that time again,the time to fake a smile. So I did. "Don't worry,I'll try my best to forget,and I'll come back as soon as possible" I lied as I patted his back.

A faint smile was evident on his face. "I can help if you want,ya know" he offered. "Nah,I'm good" Another lie escaped my mouth as I walked past him. I had my head down,looking at my dirty teal sneakers. I carried on until I came to the restaurant.

"(Y/n)" I whispered before entering.